training

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sally

Proud Parent
just wanted to know, If you go for a holiday say to another country for quite a few weeks, is it possible to go to a club in that country to do some training?.

Sure is. My girls trained in the UK and in the US. We live in Canada. I just emailed the clubs I wanted to go to and let them know about my girls skills. Both times we were.welcomed wonderfully and in the UK they even gave the girls club sweatshirts! I stayed in touch with the UK club and not so long ago the coach joined here as a member, now that was a nice surprise!

As long as you don't sweat it about them working on different skills, other countries may do skills differently or not at all. It is a great thing all around. Make sure you offer to pay, if they don't accept your money please make sure that you send a gift later.

thanks for that. that would be a wonderful thing to do. You would learn how different countries train. We go overseas a fair bit so I am going to do that next time.

We've had gymnasts from other countries come to our gym to train. Its a lot of fun for everyone at the club as well as the gymnasts from the far away places. If its a country where they speak the same language as you, you'll make lotsa new friends. Even if not, you'll still meet a lot of cool people.

I would imagine you would have to pay something for insurance as well as a session fee.

Australia

We visited Perth, Australia 2 years ago when my daughter was a level 5. I sent emails to a few gyms in the city and she ended up working out at the WAIS ( Western Australia Institute of Sport) Women's Gymnastics Program. They were very kind and welcoming and she had a blast working out with them. I signed a wavier and offered to pay, but they would not accept any money. The girls did comment on her funny Texas accent.

We've never done it internationally, but when we have been on vacation in the US, my kids have trained at other gyms. THey've been to Orlando Metro and Brestyans. At Brestyan's, Alicia Sacramone was doing beam routines while my dd was on the very next beam. It was very hard for her not to be distracted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back