Tumble Traks and pre assembled spring floors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

VA Gym Coach

Hi all,

I am in the marketing for a spring floor and a tumble trak and need some opinions...

For those of you who own or coach at a gym w/ a tumble trak, what size is it? I want to go with a thirty footer but do you find it to be too small? Is 40 ft the way to go?

I am also interested in purchasing a pre assembled spring floor. Would anyone recommend this? What type of spring floors would you recommend (my gym will primarily be a rec facility for the first year or so with hopes of developing a team.) Do you think just a foam floor would suffice or is it smarter to take the plunge and go with a spring floor seeing as how I will need one in a year or so anyways.

Thanks for any advice :)

I have a 30' and a 40'...used to be at a gym that had a 40' and a 50'. 40' would be the minimum I would purchase.

Get a spring floor...or at least a spring strip. The Midwest floor is awesome!

This is really interesting to me. At my gym we have very limited space. On our tumble track I can fit a power hurdle ro bhs then go onto a mat or into the pit. I bielive it is 4 or 5 panels long. But our coaches built ans extension of the back out of wood with panel mats on top so you can run into you tumbling if needed. It is interesting to see what everyone prefers. Sorry this post had no way in helping you :)

I would definitely not go with the 30 foot. That is too small to be worth while, you will find it ok at first for teaching the simple skills but as your gymnasts progress it will become inadequate and you will feel frustrated. Better to spend the few extra thousand and get the largest one you can afford and fit in your gym.

Thanks for the opinions. We would have probably went with the 30 ft tumble trak to save some money but after reading these comments, we are definitely reconsidering.

Does anyone have an opinion on the tubml trak xtrem? Looks much nice, more durable and it's only an extra couple hundred dollars?

is that the one with the vinyl sewn to the bed?? (so i don't have to look it up) if so, it will last longer for all those cheerleaders that wear those cheer shoes.

That's what I figured. Might as well buy the more durable one.

Any opinion on the Tiffin Spring/Foam combo floor. Or just their spring floors alone. For 8,900 you get a full spring floor including the CBF. It is by far the price I can find. Tiffin seems to have great prices on all of their products.

That's what I figured. Might as well buy the more durable one.

Any opinion on the Tiffin Spring/Foam combo floor. Or just their spring floors alone. For 8,900 you get a full spring floor including the CBF. It is by far the price I can find. Tiffin seems to have great prices on all of their products.

it's as good as any of them. stay away from foam block...despite what they might tell you the foam blocks break down much to quickly. stick to a straight spring floor. and of course the best one is midwest's plastic panels.

Foam blocks break, period.

Our new philosophy at the gym is to get rid of the tumbl-trak. We have air floors and air bungies. Probably good enough for rec. We want to get rid of the tumbl-trak and get a long rod floor which they used to have.

This way, you can still use the air floors for rec or when you have broken/healing gymnasts but it isn't in the way for the long rod floor. Gym space is small and never going to get any bigger.

You may just want to go with a non-sprung floor for now, as it's rec and use the air floors as needed or get an air-trak as well. You could also get an old floor with just palmer springs but I wouldn't use the plywood as they break too oft.

The floor isn't really that expensive to tell you the truth. It's an extra couple of thousand for a spring floor through tiffin. 8,900 and it includes the plywood and CBF. 7 rolls of foam would run me around 5000 with shipping. We're not on a very tight budget at this point.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back