Ugh. Ankle Problems.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys, so yesterday I landed short on my RO BHS BHS and overflexed my foot and felt something pop. After not even 5 minutes it started to swell and bruise. My coaches ended up making me go home. I had practice again tonight and did bars and part of beam. The thing is this happened a month before states and a week before the 2nd biggest meet of the season. I'm going to the doctor Wednesday. I started crying because my parents said I probably won't be able to go. I know they just want the best for me, but it's just so hard hearing you can't go. I'm praying my ankle will be fine, I just love this sport so much that I just want everything to be okay. Has something like this ever happened to you? How'd you deal?

I know that your upset that you wont be able to compete at one meet, but really its just one meet in a long journey. Most gymnasts have missed at least one meet due to injury or illness. Its better to miss it and completely heal than risk hurting it more and being out for longer than necessary if you just let it rest to begin with. Hope you ankle feels better soon!

Ankle injuries are noo fun. I tore a ligament in mine but because it went misdiagnosed and I didnt exactly follow doctors orders of rest, it took about 9 months to fully heal. My advice is listen to your doctor!! It's not the end of the world to miss a meet or two if it will heal and be back and ready to go within a few weeks. My injury should have taken 9 weeks to heal, not 9 months! So please, let it heal and everything will be fine.

I wasn't a gymnast but i did do a lot of tumbling when i was younger. I had very bad re-occurring ankle injuries which ended up causing structural damage. My joint doesn't work properly so i don't get full flexion of my foot. I think it is important to go to a professional sooner rather than later, and if possible go to a sports doc instead of a GP. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back