Parents Understanding E and ND scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I don't understand the E and ND scores. My kiddo just went to a meet where a handful of the girls on her team received them (same level but they're TOPs and my kiddo is not). Can someone enlighten me? I'm just curious and trying to learn about the world of gymnastics! Thanks

E is the execution score. That is out of 10, and usually added to the D score (difficulty).

ND is a neutral deduction. You can get these for out of bounds, over time, etc.

E is the execution score. That is out of 10, and usually added to the D score (difficulty).

ND is a neutral deduction. You can get these for out of bounds, over time, etc.
The girls I'm talking about are only compulsory level 4. Wouldn't everyone get the same starting difficulty? Only a few girls from the session received E and ND scores while the rest did not. That's why I'm confused.

I agree. I can see ND being in play for over time and out of bounds, but not E/D scores.

Are they just showing E for those girls to differentiate it from the ND?

Some NDs are huge (here in Australia, at least, don't know about the USA's rules) so if I were a coach and my kid's score was a full point lower than I was expecting, it'd be good to see what came off their execution vs what was applied separately.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back