Update on DD's Knee injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well its been 10n days and we were back to the DR today. Was hoping he would let her start to do leaps and maybe tumble. I haven't really seen it as she was wearing a support on it but it is definitly black and blue - looks worse than I think it is.

Dr was really moving it around and examining it. He said it is a bruise but a bad bruise it may take another 4 weeks before it is pain free and than it still may not be Soooooo she won't be competing this weekend - she was really counting on it being well enough to compete. she doesn't need the ace bandage on the knee anymore he has allowed her to do dance moves but no leaps, or tumbling. She can try some small jumps on to a spring board and then on to the floor - no running to it though just to see how it feels if there is pain then stop.

She can do bars but no dismount. she can do the dance moves on floor but no leaps or tumbling (doesn't leave too much after that) she can practice the "fluff" moves on beam and her turns but no leaps or tumbling and no vault. She can practice on the bar that dismounts into the foam pit.

We go back in 2 weeks to see how she is then now hoping she will be able to compete on 12/10 if not then then by the meet o n 12/17. I think my DD will end up doing things so she can compete on 12/17 at least even if the DR says don't. You know how these gymnasts push themselves.

Basicly anything she can tolerate without pain she is ok to do. I swear a bone bruise takes longer to heal than a broken bone.

Cher, so sorry she is hurt. It's no fun for anyone, espically during the season. There have been video's of a Japanese girl doing a quintuple spin (on beam!). You may challange her to try for her double spin on floor and beam.

well they did give her conditioning stuff for her shoulder which is healed but these exercises will keep it from getting tight again and leg and ankle exercises to keep the muscle tone. all have thos big rubber band things. I told her this is a great time to work on perfecting the "DRAMA" that the dance moves need and work on things like spins. She definitly could use work on her new floor routine - with that spanish dance music she needs to add in that sex appeal that goes with spanish dancing to really get the presentation points.

she will get over this and most of her meets wil be from Jan - May so there are plenty of others. and the biggie is at the end of January at Parketts so if she doesn't hurt her self too badly between now and then she will have that one and she is really looking forward to that one big time. It will crush her if she can't make that one.

aww thats no good. hopefully her recovery time goes faster than expected. like someone else said its to bad that it happened during season. But you have to let it fully heal now so you dont take the risk of coming back to fast and hurting it even worse.

Aww I hope she gets better soon. And can get back to the meat and potatoes of the sport. Keep us posted on how she does. I will be thinking and praying for her

Pick up some Arnica at the natural food/pharmacy store. It speeds up healing of bruises. DD just hyperextended her knees last week too, but not as bad as what yours is experiencing. Good luck with speedy recovery!

I second the arnica suggestion. I've used it a few times and it's been helpful, not always, but on some occasions. I've even found it in the natural/organic section of the regular grocery store (Kroger). Hopefully you'll get good news from the next appointment and she'll be able to jump right back into skills and routines to get ready for her next meet. It sounds like she's really limited in what she can do which must be tough, but keep following those Drs orders. Sending lots of good luck your way for fast and complete healing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back