Parents Update on my DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jaks

Proud Parent
I was asked today if my DD (6) wanted to join the "Developmental squad". She will be going to gym for 2 hours twice a week starting on Tuesday, was in a hurry today to get all the info but something was said about a uniform ( and things that go with it) and comp in November.

As I have only know the recreational side of things, what things are going to change? How different are things?

Well, for one thing more driving and more money! :eek: Other than that, it can vary widely by gym. But generally, there will be more emphasis on perfecting rather than just attaining skills, and she will likely have a lot more conditioning (strength and flexibility). It's definitely a good idea to ask other parents at your gym too!

It may be different in the UK, but they focus of form a lot more, stretching, conditioning. They also seem to do a wider variety of drills on each event. Or maybe their rotations are just longer so it seems that way, lol. The hours are the same we start pre-teamers with, then it goes to 3 days, 2 hours each. She might be a little tired the first week or two, but mine adjusted quickly. Good luck!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back