Coaches USA to Britain WAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a coach and I have a gymnast transferring from Xcel Platinum to the British system because she is moving. How does the British WAG system work? We can’t find any information that makes sense!

Hi @Jjacobs343 , there's a few Brits on here, it would help if you could tell us her age and what her aspirations are? There are several routes and the route your gymnast is placed on will very much depend on which club she is hoping to go to and how old she is.

Generally the competition year is split into 2, grades in the early part of the year and voluntary levels in the later part. There are also county and GFA competitions, invitationals and some clubs aren't affiliated with British Gymnastics so will follow their own competitive route.

One thing she will find - the fees are much lower than the US ;)

Just to add we have begun a new system of grades this March so a lot of information you will find pertains to the old grades system still. Which combined with the new grades information out there will make it look even more complicated! Ask away if you have any questions.

One thing to remember when trying to compare levels is our A and B skills are different to yours. Ours are taken directly from the FIG code whereas yours are taken from the USAG Code I believe. So a B for you might sometimes only be an A for us. We also don't have any 0.05 deductions and falls are 1.0. We also don't use the 10 scoring code. Platinum looks quite basic (handspring vault, one giant, front back tuck on floor?) so maybe a Zinc/ Copper here.

I have no info, just commenting because I am fascinated with differences in how countries run their gymnastics programs and want to read the responses!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back