Parents vault-handstand vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd Emma has been working on her vault. One of the reasons she is repeating 3. She had a hard time going from the level 3 vault to a level 4. We bought her a mini tramp the other day. Were able to correct her jumping. Her run is lots better. She kept doing forward rolls and was not anywhere close to a handstand. Well, 2 weeks of playing at home and she is now doing this.
This is not as high as stacked mats, but she is doing it. And it is on abed. But she is spending lots of time practicing. This was last night at 10. So she is in her pjs! :)

Attachments

• emvault.jpg
    emvault.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 72
Good job, Emma! :)

Does Emma compete USAG? If so I thought L3 & L4 vaults were the same. Pixie skipped L3 so I may be wrong. Or maybe Emma competes UAA?

Just curious what is the difference between the L3 and L4 vault is?

And again, congrats, Emma! That vault can be devilish sometimes :D

Hmmm... for USAG?

That's strange because the L3s in Pixie's gym do handstand to flatback. I wonder if there's an option as to what the coaches teach the L3s?

Usag

Sorry for the confusion
The USAG level 3 sanctioned meet vault is the dive roll. The non=sanctioned meet level 3 vault is the fall the back handstand. Last season, Em's team competed some sanctioned meets and some non=sanctioned. The bouncing back and forth really messed her up. She has been struggling with this vault since then. She tried level 4 at 2 meets this season, but the vault and roundoff backhandspring really threw her off. She went into panic mode and her scores for all events were awful. Beautiful at the gym. Awful at the meets. We decided to pull back and place her at a 3 again for another year. Give her a year to learn and relearn some skills. Her coach was out last Oct to May with surgery. This added to the fact some skills werent perfected. So currently, Em is training a level 4 and competiting a 3. Her coach said she might compete a 4 by the end of the season. I am not pushing that. I would be happy with her to do level 4 in Sept. She wasn't emotinally ready for level 4. I can say that I am very proud for the way she learned to accept whatever placement the scores gave her and she smiled and accepted the ribbon. Not once did she cry. It only made her moe determined to do better. So we talked her into the level 3 with learning a 4. The way she was going she would be repeating a 4 anyway. The other level 4 at her gym did only a smidgen better. So we told her repeat 3 while learning a 4 and place well. Or continue a 4 with middle to end placements and repeat 4. Plus her coach has redesigned her way of training the girls and we have added a gymnastics dance class. Now, I have a child who once again feels good about herself and is learning those level 4 skills easily. :) Sorry for the long story! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back