Parents Vent to People Who Get It

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Most people just need education on how it all works. I know before my son was a gymnast, I'd wonder why Susie's mom was putting "Susie came seventh on vault!" on Facebook.......
Now I get it. It was Susie's first year in level whatever, she had an elbow injury for half the season, and she was up against "that" gym that just cleans up at every meet :D
I just didn't know all the ins and outs of gymnastics, or how placements don't matter as much as perseverance!

^^^and that's exactly why I don't like inviting "outsiders" to meets. I don't like having my mom come.. She's one of the most supportive persons I know, and there is no one my dd loves more than her grandma. But she sees the falls, and lack of medals as the measure of a successful meet. She doesn't know the sport well enough to appreciate the connected series on beam, or the courage it takes to flip that vault whether or not the landings stuck or on two feet, or..... yes she fell on bars.... But that clear hip was straight to HS!! It's difficult to explain to someone the efforts it takes to get that clear hip to HS.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back