Coaches Video Camera Recommendations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

kez

I was wondering if anyone has any video camera recommendations. I'm looking for something that is small and light, has good instant replay in slow motion and frame by frame on the camera itself and is value for money.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Kez

I got an Casio Exilim EX-FC150 for really cheap from Ebay. It is amazing!. Check this out. By far the cheapest and best camera for the price and the ability to shoot at like rediculous high speed.
And the cool thing is that the video effect is done while you record. You can switch between with just a button while filming
[video=youtube;Eo7LJ4srxBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo7LJ4srxBs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...that's pretty cool. Mine is like a Flip camera...except is has slow motion. The only thing is...if you record in 60fps...the computer cannot handle it to play it back. I can watch it through the camera at 60fps...but as soon as I download to computer...I have to convert it back to 30fps.

Does anyone know how to watch a 60fps video on a computer?

Here is a link to the above camera:

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-EX-FC15...NBWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307220707&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Does your Camera record to a SM Card? Or is it to something else? If so then if you read the camera from your computer it should be in 60fps. Otherwise you might want to consult that manual because that is unusual that it will record at 30fps and playback at 60fps, but only export at 60fps. UNLESS it actually just records at 30 and you can play back at 0.5 speed, which will seem like 60FPS but not really, as its still only capturing 30 images per second.

It captures in 60fps as I can go frame by frame through all of them on the camera. It's just when I try to play it back on the computer it's really choppy.

EDIT: It records to an SD card.

Could it be your computer that is the problem? Wonder if maybe there is some kind of Codec issue?. Have you tried it on other computers to see if its the video recorded or the computer that is issue?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back