Parents Warning from the coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OP -- we don't get in our gym often lol but back last fall we had a little session when the coaches had all the parents come in and the kids "showed" off all their skills.

Well, the more skilled girls (my dd is new level 4) were doing BHS on the beam and things like that... I absolutely LOVED watching them! The concentration and seeing them overcome the fear you could see they had to do these skills but then the JOY they had when they stuck it! And I must say, as a mom I was so PROUD for these girls who I didn't even know. I could see how hard they were working, one girl was literally in tears trying to connect these two skills but she was NOT willing to give up. It was amazing to watch!

These are the reasons I am loving the sport of gymnastics !!!

I love this about gymnastics too! Dd is not naturally my most persistent child but I think being in gymnastics is changing that. In fact, I was just telling her after practice the other day how amazing I thought she was for doing the same skills over and over until she gets them right. I believe this has transferred to other aspects of her life. Too bad all the naysayers can't see all the amazing qualities our gymnasts pick up, huh?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back