MAG We made it! Our first one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
We made it through our very first meet!!!!!!!!!!! Boy was that stressful. We just started a year ago and competed level 5 this year. He remembered all of his routines. I am so proud of:

*he stuck his ring dismount for the first time ever (usually he falls over)
*he did his ROBHS by himself
*he kept his legs tight on high bar
*his pb bars were the best I've seen in a long time

He did fall on pommels and luckily it was his last event, but it really hit him hard. He is so disappointed. I'm so glad he got back up and finished the routine. This was a preseason meet so nothing counts but it was a good experience. My hope is that he uses this disappointment to work harder in the gym. Some of those boys were amazing. I want him to look like that by March!!!!

Any suggestions for sore bleacher butt??

So exciting to have the first meets done! And trust me, you will see BIG improvement over the year :)

I would highly recommend some stadium seats! With backs!!

Sounds like a good first meet. I like how you watched for little things on each event to see how he did. I'm going to try to do that this year.

That does sound great! I certainly hope my guy has the same accomplishments at his first meet in two weeks! I saw some run throughs a few weeks ago, and I am nervous for our guys' being able to remember the routines. I hope your son felt really good about the meet, and that he gets that pommel routine next time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back