Parents Weekly Schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are your children involved in? Here is my DD's schedule.

Sunday
-off

Monday-
Gymnastics class, 50 min

Tues-Preschool-2.5 hr.

Wed-off

Thurs-Preschool-2.5 hr, Dance Class (this is a fairytale based class and she loves it! lol), 45 min

Friday-arts class-2 hr

Saturday-Cheer/Dance combination class, offered by her gym-55 min (she is the only one in this class and really has a great time with the cheerleading aspect of it, but hates the dance part (ballet based, more serious) and always asks when she can go back down and jump around!)

Her preschool is an arts based preschool and that is where we take her dance class and arts class. I was wanting to get her in swimming lessons, because she can swim now but I really want her to have an appreciation for the dangers of water. Our city offers year-round swimming lessons for all ages, but I'm pretty sure we would have to discontinue one of her current classes, probably the cheer/dance combo-because she only really enjoys half of it.

Her most enjoyable activity, besides school (which she loves!), is probably gymnastics-she just doesn't like the 'down time' in it and really likes to burn her energy. But her dance class is really fun because she gets to 'dress up' in pretty dance clothes, and discuss princesses and use wands, etc. Little girl's dream!

What do your children enjoy the most?

My almost-6 year old does gymnastics on Tuesdays and Thursdays (2 hours each day), Campfire USA (like Girl Scouts) on Wednesdays and a musical theater class (45 min) on Wednesdays as well. We homeschool and usually have some kind of homeschool field trip each week as well that's usually on Fridays. We try to fit in a tennis lesson (1 hour) once a week or whenever we can as well. Thankfully the tennis lessons are flexible, you just buy a group of them and they have various days and times to choose from. It's starting to feel like a bit much so we might have to kick something out. She definitely enjoys gymnastics the most at this point but she loves all the other classes she does as well.

My daughter is in 3rd grade so she has school M-F until about 3 and then stays for aftercare since my husband and I both work full time. She has gymnastics Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours each day. The only other activity she has is girl scouts, they meet 2 Wednesday's a month. She played soccer up until about a year ago, that's when she decided that all she wants to do is gymnastics. I used to wish she would give dance a chance, but she has no interest in it and thinks ballet is boring!

my daughter is 7, soon to be 8 and is in year 3 here in the UK - School for us is Monday-Friday 8.55 - 3.20

Mondays - 3.30 -4 School Netball after school, 5.30-7.30 Gymnastics
Tuesday - 3.30 - School Hockey after school
Wednesday 1-5.30 Gymnastics ( School lets her out)
Thursday 5.00 -5.30 swimming
Friday 5.30 - 8 gymnastics
Saturday 10.30 -2.30 Gymnastics

Plus boys do rugby wednesdays and sundays in winther and cricket in summer !

'Margo

My 4 year old is in full time preschool (M-F 7:45-2:45). She does swimming lessons in the summer only. Friday is really our only rest day because my 6 year old has gymnastics on Monday and Wed so little dd gets to hang out at the gym on those days too.
Mon off
Tues-Soccer(soccer season is September-Nov and March-May)
Wed-Off
Thurs-gymnastics for 2 hours and soccer
Fri-off

Monique

It's nice to see other mums who have packed schedules like us - at the school the mums think I'm crazy (which I suppose I am a bit but as long as my kids are active and happy I'll cope!).
Our week at the moment is like this:
Monday - Ds1 gymnastics 4-7, ds2 4-6
Tuesday - Ds2 multiskills after school sports club 3.15-4.15, ds1 and sometimes ds2 taekwondo 7-8.30pm
Wednesday - Ds1 gymnastics 4-6, ds2 4-6.30pm
Thursday - ds1 and sometimes ds2 taekwondo 6.30-8pm
Friday - ds2 gymnastics 4-6, dd gymnastics 4-5, and sometimes ds1 taekwondo 8-9.30pm
Saturday - ds1 diving 8.30-9.30, ds2 9-11 diving, both boys football 11-12.30 (tight squeeze getting from diving there on time!), ds2 swimming 4-4.30pm
Sunday - ds1 swimming 3.45-4.15pm, sometimes taekwondo 1-3pm.

Now that I've written it down it seems like my week is chocka block! Once dd gets older I really will have no spare time! Eeek!

This is my 12 YO dd's schedule:

Mon - 5:30-7:00pm-Ballet
8:15-9:15pm-Broadway Tap

Tue - 4:30-8:30pm-Gymnastics

Wed - 5:00-6:15pm-Contemporary/Lyrical Dance
6:30-8:30pm-Ballet + Pointe

Thur - OFF

Fri - 6:00-8:00pm-Ballet + Pointe

Sat - 8:00am-12:00pmish-Gymnastics
12:30-3:30pm-Nutcracker Rehearsals (with some breaks in between)

Sun - OFF (for now, but may have some Nutcracker rehearsals added later as needed)

**This schedule may change because we are seriously considering dropping gymnastics at the end of October. I will post more about this later if and when it happens.

Looks like everyone leads some busy lives! I hate being a taxi but I have quite a few years left!
I think you have to be 6 to start girl scouts (correct me if I'm wrong here), and she will join girl scouts then. Hoping to have it pretty much narrowed down to one sporty activity by then (for my sanity).

Oh scheduling. A constant headache for me. Let's see, my 3 monkeys dictate my schedule. The older 2 are in school from 7:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. during the week and the 3 year old goes to preschool Tuesday & Thursday mornings. The extracurricular activities shape up like this:

Sunday - 3yo has soccer games
Monday - 7yo has team practice - 3 hours
5yo has team practice - 1 hour
Tuesday - 7yo has team practice - 3 hours
Wednesday - all 3 have swimming lessons - 1/2 hour each
Thursday - 3yo has gymnastics class - 1 hour
7yo has team practice - 3hours
Friday - 5yo has soccer
Open gym for extra practice
Saturday - Right now are fairly open although my daughter's competition season starts in 2 weeks so I think we will be spending a lot of time cheering her on. Also, our gym usually has a team open gym a few times a month on Saturday evenings.

My kids ask for new activities all the time too, they don't seem to realize that there is a limit to how many places Mom can get in one evening and still get dinner on the table and make sure their homework is done. I know a lot of parents of my children's teammates fit other sports/activities in for their kids as well, but I don't know how they do it. I feel maxed out right now.

Oh scheduling. A constant headache for me. Let's see, my 3 monkeys dictate my schedule. The older 2 are in school from 7:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. during the week and the 3 year old goes to preschool Tuesday & Thursday mornings. The extracurricular activities shape up like this:

Sunday - 3yo has soccer games
Monday - 7yo has team practice - 3 hours
Tuesday - 7yo has team practice - 3 hours
Wednesday - all 3 have swimming lessons - 1/2 hour each
Thursday - 3yo has gymnastics class - 1 hour
7yo has team practice - 3hours
Friday - 5yo has soccer
Open gym for extra practice
Saturday - Right now are fairly open although my daughter's competition season starts in 2 weeks so I think we will be spending a lot of time cheering her on. Also, our gym usually has a team open gym a few times a month on Saturday evenings.

My kids ask for new activities all the time too, they don't seem to realize that there is a limit to how many places Mom can get in one evening and still get dinner on the table and make sure their homework is done. I know a lot of parents of my children's teammates fit other sports/activities in for their kids as well, but I don't know how they do it. I feel maxed out right now.

I think my head would burst keeping all their schedules in mind! Kudos to you!!

DD's Saturday cheer/dance combo class just got cancelled, not sure how we feel about that yet, lol.

Monday: Gymnastics 4:30-8:30
Tuesday: Family Fun Day:)
Wednesday: Gymnastics 4:30-8:30
Thursday: Girl Scouts (twice a month)
Friday: Gymnastics 4:30-8:30
Saturday: Gymnastics 10:15-2:15 then when she begs to go Open Gym 2:30-4:30
Sunday: DAY OF REST!!!!!!

Well, I keep up with 2 schedules so it's a bit hectic during the week (although not as hectic as some I have been reading :eek:).
DD (2nd grade): Gym 3 days a week (MWF) from 4-7, free on Tues, and is in chess club after school on Thursdays. Since meet season has begun, she is only doing gymnastics, but will often do another sport in the spring. Starting next week, she'll be doing some run training to help her on vault (this was requested by her HC).
DS (4th grade): Has been doing cross country, so practice has been M,W with the meets on Tues. He's being tutored Tues/Thurs in math. Cross country is ending soon, so he will go back to golf lessons on Mondays. He also has Hebrew class on Wednesdays. Needless to say, my 2 yr. old car already has 48,000 miles on it (and we bought it new). I think I miss summer. :p

I was refraining from responding to this because I was afraid the OP would run screaming into the night if she learned what lay ahead in terms of scheduling, should her DD stick with gymnstics (or similarly intense activity). I have two 10-year-olds. DD #1 (she's #1 by about 24 minutes) takes art on Monday and dance on Wed, Thurs, Fri (though only for 1-2 hours each day). And she participates in an after-school environmental club on Wednesdays before dance. My husband and I would like her to give ski club a try on Tuesdays, once that starts, because we think she'd really like it once she got the hang of it, but she hasn't made up her mind yet. DD#2 is my gymnast and has 15 hours a week of gym, every week-day except for Wednesday, when she does that same environmental club as DD#1 (my husband is the club leader). If you had asked me, back when my kids were 3 or 4 or 5, if I'd be one of those moms who "overschedules" my kids, I would have told you emphatically "No!" That kids need time to just be kids! And yet, here I am, with the most overscheduled kids on the block! Not quite sure how this happened. But both kids seem happy. My husband isn't particularly happy. He works from home and liked having them around more often. And DD#1, who is slightly less overscheduled than DD#2, wishes her sister was around more (she doesn't have anyone to fight with when her sister is at gym). But nobody wants to give anything up, so what can you do? My gymmie had the brilliant idea the other night that if nobody ever had to sleep, she'd have time to do everything she wants to do. I was trying to get her to explore some options if she truly did want to cut back on her gym time (prep op, etc.) and she was very emphatic that no, she didn't want to do that. She said, "I'm just going to keep wishing that I didn't need to sleep." Now there's a practical solution for you. ;)

Wow - I'm exhausted just reading these. When do those of you with older kids (and multiple activities) ever get the homework done or do you homeschool? My kids are in school from 7:15-3:15 and then on Tues, Thurs, and Friday it is straight to gym. We get home from gym around 9pm and in bed by 9:30-10pm (much too late in my opinion). My oldest (in 4th grade) does double homework on non-gym nights. I'm already nervous about moving to 4 days of gym in January and still getting the schoolwork done.

OK - I have 2 boys - 1 gymnast, 1 not anymore. We are all at school all day (I'm teaching 45 minutes away) and then the fun starts. Wrestling season goes like this:
Monday - Day at home :)
Tuesday - Both Boys at wrestling 5:30 - 7:30 (Unless doing a Saturday Tournament - then 1 at Gymnastics 5:30 - 8:30, 1 at Wrestling)
Wednesday - Both Boys at wrestling 6:30 - 8:00
Thursday - One at Wrestling 6:30 - 8:00, One at Gymnastics 5:30 - 8:30
Friday - Piano Lessons 4:45 5:45
Saturday - One at Gymnastics or Wrestling Tournament or Gymnastics Meet
Sunday - Wrestling League Meets or Gymnastics Meets

This is the first year they are not in the same exact activities - its much harder to schedule but luckily gymnastics & wrestling are 8 minutes apart (but of course 25 minutes from home!) We also double up on HW on some days. My gymnast can do an entire week of spelling & math on Mondays.

This is funny :) I love seeing everyone just as busy!

I have 2..totally...different...boys!

M-DS#2 gymnatics 4-6:30
DS#1 Robotics 6-8
DS#1 boy scouts 7-8:30

T- DS#2 Guitar 3:45-4:!5
DS#2 Gym 4-6:30
DS #1 Drums 5:30-6

W- DS#1 chess 2:45-3:45

Th- DS#1 Science Olympiad 6:45-7:45 am

F- DS#1 Robotics 2:45-5
DS#2 gym 4-6:30

DD 6yrs
1st Grade: M-F Catches the bus at 7 and gets home at 4 (on days she doesnt go to gym) School hours 7:55-2:55

Gymnastics: Tues, Wed, and Fri 4-7 (once they get the first couple comps under their belt she will drop Wed)

Choir (school): Mon, 9-11 am (they picked 50 kids out of the school to be in this choir..and she was one of the lucky ones..lol)

Target Practice w/Daddy: Sat 12-3 (this will be her first year hunting and she swears shes gonna bag her a deer this year..lol. She LOVES venison)

DS 4ys
Preschool: Tues, and Thurs 7:15-3:30. This is actually at DD gym and DD went to them too when she was 4..works out nice to have a one stop shop persay. Also he was going to preschool long before he started soccer. Just ironic they are on the same days. But he doesnt want to switch preschool days because tuesdays are gymnastics day and thursdays are swimming day..lol

Soccer practice: Tues, and Thurs 5-6

Soccer games: every Sat morning, either 8-9 or 9-10 (ugh..lol) until week before DD comp season starts..lol

Fishing w/Daddy: Sunday evenings 5-7 or 8
Sundays are family day. We go to church 8:30-11. Then out to breakfast at this little hole in the wall diner a few blocks from our house. Then if the weather is really nice we might go out on the boat. Go swiming. To the park. Something fun like that.

Their schedules arent too over the top..but its pretty packed for me and Daddy to try and shuffle them around at times..lol
Sometimes we have one parent here and one parent there.

Everyone is crazy, huh? I guess that's just what having kids does to you.

We homeschool so my crazy day starts earlier but I can't imagine trying to do gymanstics and public school.

Monday: DD2: Gymnastics 11:35-12:20, DD1: Gymnastics 12:00-4:00
Tuesdays: DD2: Preschool co-op 9:00-11:00, DD1: Gymnastics 12:00-4:00, Church activity: 4:30-4:30, DS: Soccer practice 6:30-7:30
Wendsdays: Stay home and do schoolwork! Or we go on a field trip if my husband has the day off (he's flying UAVs now and doing shift work with waterfalling weekends so we take advantage of what we can get) I've purposely tried to avoid anything on Wendsdays!
Thursday: DD2: Preschool coop 9:00-11:00, DD1: Gymnastics 12:00-4:00
Fridays: Fridays are often homeschool field trips. Today we went ice skating as it's super cheap, also book clubs, extra. DD1 has gymnastics 4:00-8:00
Saturday: DS: Soccer games at random times, DD1: Gymnastics 9:00-1:00
Sunday: 'just' Church and choir practice, thank goodness.

DS is 7 now and wanting to get involved in more things but I told him we'd see how soccer goes this fall first before we started adding more stuff. I thought homeschooling and daytime gymnastics practice would make my life easier but it doesn't seem that way! We end up doing a lot of school-type stuff in the car, like listening to audio books or doing discussions of reading, etc. I didn't want to start DD2 in anything yet but we were at the gym the other day and there was an empty preschool class so the coach invited her in and I haven't heard the end of it since so I finally gave in.

DD is 7 and trains Tuesday afternoon 1-5, Wednesday 5-9, Friday 5-9 and Sunday 9-1 plus 2:30 - 5:30 Trampoline and Tumbling.

DS is 5 and has hockey on Saturday from 11:30 - 1:00.

Ok, well so far my DD is in the gym the most amount of hours. She is 9 yrs. old (4th grade) and she trains 25 hrs. per week during the school year (35-40 in the summer). She will be competing Level 6/7 this year. For the poster that said they don't know how theirs could be in gymnastics AND public school, it's possible. Mine is and we do modified home schooling. :)

DD's schedule is this (strictly gymnastics)

Monday 2 - 6:30
Tuesday 2 - 7 pm
Wednesday 2 - 6:30
Thursday OFF
Friday 2 - 7 pm
Saturday 12 - 6 pm
Sunday OFF

So as you can see, when you have this kind of schedule and if your kid decides to stick with gymnastics, you will have NO time for any other "activities." Also, the 25 hrs. / week includes 2 hours of dance a week as well that's in her same gym. :)

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back