What are some fun things your team (or your DD's) does outside the gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Every couple of months or so, the gym plans a big outing for the entire team (all levels). These have included a halloween amusement park trip and a trip to the great escape water park. But I haven't gone because the price was too high (plus I hate amusement park type places anyway). I feel kind of left out though. Is there anything your/your DD's team does outside the gym?

Well we go to camp, which i would consider an outing because it is a very social place and a good place for teambonding. We have done beach workoutsconditioning) with the boys team. Ocassionally just my team will go shopping,get some frozen yogurt at the end of practice, or go out to dinner. We have gym sleepovers also and a holiday party(girls optional team)
These things arent really outings but team bonding things. I believe that teambonding and gymbonding is really important to keep that family feel in every gym. It makes it like a safe place where you know you dont have to be shy or be worried about being judged. Pluus I love going out with the people you spend the most time with and who get you!

We have a gym sleepover right before Provimcials, which is pretty insane! We have a holiday party also :)
The 7 of us girls that train extra hours together are really, really close and we're just like sisters. We bond over our 10 minute break, which sounds silly but you'd be surprised!

At the end of this meet season we had a team party at a painting place where you paint your own canvas and then we all went to dinner. The cost was $30.00. The girls had a ton of fun!

Well, the optional team has more of these. All levels are supposed to attend the end-of-season picnic/awards dinner, but the optionals often have after-practice pool parties in the summer. We also had an optional team pool party, mini-golf, and sleepover at the owner's mansion...I mean, house...which involved my karaoke rendition of "Livin on a Prayer". There's also a Halloween in-gym sleepover which I did not attend but I heard it was fun.

We do a sleepover at the gym, with movie, popcorn, gym games and spooky stories.

We travel far to all of our meets, so we get lots of bonding time at organized team meals, and more informal outings.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back