Coaches What did your gymnasts achieve today?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We had state a couple weeks ago.

MOST of our kids qualified to nationals on at least one event...even my little first-season kids. They're looking really good for regionals too. I am so proud of them-especially my little 5s-for going out there at a big meet & doing their best.

My son (11) recently got his round off BHS full on tumble track. Keep in mind he has never taken gymnastics of t&t classes for more then a few months in his life :) Im just a bragging proud mom. Dident look to bad eaither :)

Yeeeessss! One of my girls achieved her giants this week! (Another first for me and her!)
She did her first one on Tuesday, but it was the last one in a set of 5 (the first 4 had a very very light spot)
Tonight we ran out of time during our usual bars session to do them but I allowed her to hop up right at the end of the session and have a go. I supported the first on, then she did 4 in a row on her own!! So proud of her!

She should really have had them in March for a competition, but she just wasn't getting the timing, so we left them out. She got them on strap bar just before Christmas, so it was always going to be a push to get them by March anyway! Anyway, something just clicked this week and she is away now! Just need her to do that first one on her own!

One of my kiddos achieved something very simple today but to her it was terrifying. This is in my beginner girls class and this little one has been absolutely terrified of a front roll on bars. She would shake and completely freak out and this is a kid that has potential and has no fear about anything else just a darn front roll. We have worked on it and worked on it and tonight she got up on the bars did it a few times by herself and then realized she was doing it by herself. She yelled at the top of her lungs for me to watch.

Although this was a skill most kids do without a second thought, to watch her pride and accomplishment as she faced a fear was great. It is why I love to coach. So no big skills today but one very proud, happy kiddo!

One of my girls got her giants today. And let me tell you: they are BEAUTIFUL! Flawless form, and it even has that little momentary "bounce" in handstand characteristic of perfectly-controlled giants.

whoa, Geoff. what on earth is that a picture of under your name? i can't make it out.

Haha, not gymnastics related.

It's Mordin Solus, my favorite character from the Mass Effect video game trilogy.

mordin-solus-character-model-lpreview.jpg

I, er, was kinda too shy to ask that same question Geoff. I thought it was photo taken of you exiting your regionals coach's meeting where you just found who the head judges were!!!:eek:

I coach levels 3&4 at my gym.
We have 2 sisters who are 8 and 10 I believe. One just finished her first year of level 3 and one her first year of level 4.
The 10 year old came into the gym a couple months back with an aggressive straight arm kip. Out of no where!! Yes, they do have a bar at home. But this was straight arms and great form. She now has all her level 5 skills and will be moving up with the rest of the second year level 4's.

Her sister showed up at the gym with a straight arm front hipcircle AND a straight arm kip! This coming from a level 3 who has NEVER trained kips before and this was literally the first time she was introduced to front hip circles. She also has all of her level 4 skills and it's only the beginning of summer!!

Can't wait to see where these two girls go!

One of my level 5 T&Ters fiiiiiiiiiiinally got her back tuck. It didn't take her very long at all once she trusted me to spot her & started committing to the skill. it's pretty good, too...well over her head height & shows definite shape! Same kid got a barani tuck last week.

Another of them got her backhandspring & roundoff backhandspring. Huzzah, we can compete tumbling next year...

One of my groups had their first ever big competition today, they're only 7 so this was a very big deal to them! They all passed their County Grade 4 with flying colours and had a blast :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back