Off Topic what did your kid eat after gym for dinner?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yoghurt straight after practise usually - repair those muscles:)

Then either a home frozen meal ( chick pea/macaroni & veggies baked in a cheese sauce 2 nights ago; pumpkin & sweet potato soup with a whole meal roll last night )reheated in the gym kitchen eaten on the drive home or a subway sandwich (tonight ).
She usually likes orange juice as well.

Dd's a small girl so that OJ helps get the energy in:)

I love this thread since we're just getting started. DS has an earlier practice, but it means we're getting home past 6, so dinner really needs to be ready. The other night, I had pasta waiting. Tonight, I'm going to try to do something they can eat in the car on the way home.
I also really want to rid myself of the idea of a hot sit-down meal as being the best/only option. Someone mentioned smaller, healthy mini-meals, and that's really a better way for us to go.

as soon as practice ends, my daughter has a chocolate carnation breakfast drink. it has a little more protein and vitamins than regular chocolate milk and only 40 more calories (which she definitely burns) so i choose to go with those. that beverage holds her over for the 30-minute ride home.

then, she will have a small meal (because she will have already had a small meal before practice- around 3:30). the content varies so much based on what we have in the fridge, what i made the rest of the family for dinner and what our schedule was like that day. but, some of our fridge staples that i keep on hand for putting together these late night meals for her are avocado, grilled chicken and boiled eggs and then i just fill in with fruits, raw veggies, crackers, etc. in addition to that.

i also keep a bag in the car with turkey jerky, dried edamame, nuts & those fruit puree pouches so that we always have a sugar & protein source on hand if she really wants something to eat before we make it home.

He had a McDonald's strawberry banana smoothie during practice and a Shane's Rib Shack bbq chicken salad (this is BBQ chicken on lettuce with cucumber and tomato) on the way home at 8:10. It was a fast food day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back