WAG What is the dedcution for...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is the deduction for having a too long routine for, lets say, beam? I am in Xcel..and I just need an estimate, at least!! Thank you!!
(Like if the time limit is 50 seconds and my routine turns out to be 1 minute)

What is the deduction for having a too long routine for, lets say, beam? I am in Xcel..and I just need an estimate, at least!! Thank you!!
(Like if the time limit is 50 seconds and my routine turns out to be 1 minute)
Overtime is 0.1 ... sometimes, I have seen "Double overtime" with a 0.2 deduction.

Don't go over. Do exactly what you need - nothing extra - and get off. The extra stuff doesn't earn you any more points and can only cause deductions.
Have you joined the Xcel Social group? Lots of advice to be found there too :)

Is it the same no matter how long they go overtime? My 7 yo got her lowest score of the year on beam at state (she had been scoring 9s and got an 8.25). the biggest thing that I saw for her routine was that she went SLOW. Like really, really slow. By the time there was the second ding she was only halfway through the routine. I had thought that would only be a .1; but wonder if they took more points for style or something since it was really, really slow. Not like she stopped a lot, more like she was almost going in slow motion.

2G1B, there is a deduction for going WAY too slow....I don't know what it's called, but something to do with a lack of rhythm in the routine. In compulsories, my DD would go overtime by 1-3 seconds EVERY time. She did not appear to be going very slow though, and still scored in the low 9s.

No such thing as a double overtime deduction of .2 (unless that's an XCel rule that I'm not aware of).

It wasn't in Xcel... It was an old L4 and she was 25 seconds overtime, lol. I don't know if they really took .2 off her score, but I do know that the little card they put on the judges table for overtime said 0.2 instead of 0.1

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back