WAG which event is the easiest to progress for you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

catie

title says pretty much everything...

which of the 4 events in WAG is the easiest to progress in?

Many of my teammates, and I also share this opinion, say that bars is the easiest, because you just need the strength and once you are strong and dedicated to learn, it's all about technique which isn't too hard! (Oh, and you shouldn't be scared!)

Floor is hardest for me!!

What about you?

I find bars the hardest, and beam the easiest, because the elements itself are not new. You can already do the movement, you just have to be more precise

For my DD beam is the easiest and vault is the hardest, in terms of progress. She gets new beam skills almost immediately, but never scored higher than an 8.7 on a basic flat back vault. Easiest to hardest for her to get new skills would be: beam, floor, bars, vault.

For DD beam us easiest and tied for hardest is the rest. Coaches say she is so fast twitch she needs to learn control then they'll become easier.

She's strong as an ox, so it's not just strength you need for bars ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beam is the hardest. And vault is the easiest probably, though it might be bars (now that I have my kip cast hand that took 4 years to learn).

For me, the easiest is definitely vault (but I only can do half ons and front handsprings) and bars or beam is definitely the hardest because of the fear aspect. That is what hold me back most of the time.

Out of the 3 events I do the order goes beam, floor, and then vault. Floor would be first but I can't leap for anything and sometimes
I just can't get the concept of tumbling, and well vault it's jus vault

All my kids find floor by FAR the easiest. DD get things easily on beam, then worries about them so long (even though she does them almost perfectly) that if we are talking about "getting" skills without tears beam would be her longest!

Bars is "slowest" for skill progression for DD, except strength skills. Boys are slowest on pommel (DS older) and HB (younger). Vault is easy for them (like floor)

Floor is the easiest for me to pick up with beam coming in next, though that tends to be slower due to fear issues.
Bars is for sure the hardest.
Vault is somewhere in between, I am not great at vault at all but I pick up the skills/drills pretty fast, just not usually super pretty.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back