WAG Which Grips to Get?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, I don't actually know about either but I do know my daughter's gym sells the ones they want the girls to get (and I do know hers have buckles not velcro.

Can you coach just be specific and tell you exactly what to get?

My DD likes buckle ones...she says the Velcro ones come loose gradually as they are being used and always need retightened. She says she'd rather it take her longer to get them on and then they stay on, than have to be messing w/ them the whole practice.

US Glove double buckle

They are well made and the owner has always treated us well...and they are made in the USA!

I currently use the Bailie double buckle grips and have had them for over 2 years now. I absolutely love my Grips and I would highly recommend them. Warning, they do take a while to break in as the leather is quite thick but once they have been broken in they are amazing and last.

I also was trying to decided between the same two types of grips when I brought mine but I chose the double buckle as I thought they would last longer as Velcro can stop sticking after a while. Also I love double buckles as you can remember which hole you like so you have the same fit every time and they do not become lose during training. You are also able to have it slightly tighter on your wrist than your forearm which is great as it allows an even better fit.

My DD loves the double buckles and won't use anything else. Most of the gymnsats that compete with my DD who started with velcro tend to change to buckles. My DD's first set were velcro and she said the velcro just didn't feel secure after the first year and was taping them to keep them tight so after that first year we ended up purchasing another set with the double buckles and she has been using souble buckles ever since.

What do most of the girls on your team seem to use? Which do your coaches say to get? Most coaches have a preferance.

They are well made and the owner has always treated us well...and they are made in the USA!
And VERY well priced! I used Reisports as a gymnast and loved them, but had heard nothing but good things about US Glove and a kid on my team showed up with a pair this season (because they were the cheapest she could find) and they were really nice- and a good $10-$15 cheaper than Reisport but still great quality.

My daughter used US Glove double buckle for about a year. She loved it but it wore out in about 3 months. Her other teammates were using English Bulldog double buckle under their coaches recommendation. So she switched. She's on her second pair. We replaced her first pair after 10 months even if it is still not stretched out. The US Glove took no time to break in. The English Bulldog took about a week or two. She used them at first just doing exercises.

My daughter uses the English Bulldog double buckle--she loves them. Would not recommend the velcro kind--easy to get on and off, but also loosen up more.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back