WAG Who is this gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
Watching the PGM and one of the female gymnasts on the world team (I think the announcer said Ukraine) is 37YO, has competed in 6 olympic games, and even has a child while getting back abs to DIE for!

Name that gymnast! (FTR, I don't know her name so I hope you're right!)

Probably Oksana Chusovitina but I haven't watched it so don't know if she took part!

Here is a documentary about her
[video=youtube;ToeOWwlqq2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToeOWwlqq2g[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Point, Marie!!!!

Wow! She is amazing! Of course, as someone who is within 5 years old of her, it's also a kick to the self esteem, but mostly just......she is WOW!

She took part and she did amazing-tastic!! Pro Gymnastics Challenge was really a cool thing to watch. :)

She took part and she did amazing-tastic!! Pro Gymnastics Challenge was really a cool thing to watch. :)
Yes not only is she amazing it was fun to watch so many different level of gymnasts (college to world champs and olympians). So cool :)

She left her country to compete for another country due to healthcare concerns for her son. She continues to compete for financial reasons.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

yes. ^^^ her son had leukemia and Russia was not able to treat him cutting edge at that time. this is the 'why' that she ended up in Germany. She owes them her son's life.:)

I am AMAZED at what she continues to do. Her skill, spirit and stamina astound me. My feet hurt at then end of my day, I can't imagine taking the pounding her body does and we are close to the same age. I hope she competes in the next Olympics, I will be cheering from my couch!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back