Coaches Would like to know the progression for this bar skill

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjunkie

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Does anyone have any experience teaching 7.301 or 8.208? I'm using the skill code, because if I use the common name I have a feeling it will be confused with 4.405! Also, I'd like to hear opinions on what type of bar worker is suited for this skill. TIA

well, my code is at the gym tonight. try it anyway. :)

4.405 is a Tkatchev..
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1387748639.437465.jpg

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1387748665.406790.jpg

Here are 7.301 and 8.208
Not sure how those related to a Tkatchev but I wouldn't know what to call them either so is say it's fine that you just used the number.
I'm not offering assistance on the question..just the pictures for those of you can and don't have current access to the code.

okay, then.

7.301 is a Hecht to high bar. this skill was in the elite compulsory in the late 80's and early to mid 90's. the 1/2 turn below it is a Hecht with a 1/2 turn catch high. If you look to the right of this skill you will see the word "Hechtkehre". this is the German for Hecht. i can't remember the name of the girl who did this first, and had it named for her, at the moment.

8.208 is a Hecht dismount from the high bar. these dismounts were first performed by the men in the 50's and 60's and also became a compulsory dismount.

these 2 elements are the same skill. one catches the high bar and one does not and leaves the high bar.

none of them are related to a Tkatchev. i have experience having taught both Hechts and the Shaposh 1/2.

what would you like to know?

correction. the hecht 1/2 was the compulsory element. i've been thru so many compulsory changes i can't remember sometimes how long and when these things were done so i have to go look. for some reason, i keep seeing just the Hecht catch high as a compulsory element but i can't find it at the moment but i would like you to see it performed. i'll look further. but here is Laschenova in Seoul. it's the first skill up on the low bar as the mount:

and here is Mitova in 1992:

still waiting to find out what it is you would like to know. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back