Parents Would this be ok to do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

guest301

I personally don't see anything wrong with this option. Again about my son. I just feel like our gym goes downheel nowadays. So my son is in rec group of boys. Our gym don't have teams for boys at all. Boys classes are 7pm till 8pm. Too late for kindergarteners and 1st graders. Tonight my son tryed to learn easiest routine for his ingym meet. Simplest stuff was overwhelming him and his attitude is "what are you wanting from me this late". Hd is really doing his band. Loves gymnastics. But at 8pm is a bit different when the bedtime is 7pm. We all talked to the coaches and the owner. The owner bad it clear thats he he wants it. Class is 10 kids and up sometimes with one coach.

We were with this gym since he was 4. Now he is 7. He came long ways. There is no other class to chose from other than boys beginner. Which is too simple for him. My other option is to go to another gym maybe. The other gym is half way closer to us.

Would that be ok to go one day to one gym and another day to another? Not in teams nor planning to be. None of the gyms have boys teams. That is just pure afterschool activity.

For rec you can do whatever you choose. Team is a very different issue. Beware that skills might be taught differently and therefore it could be very confusing for your child and his various coaches.

Better would be to find a gym that meets his needs now.

I would suggest making the switch entirely as well. 8 pm is really late for that age. And you can always switch back if needed.

I really feel like we are in abusive situation here lol. The owners are rude and I feel scared to talk to them or his coach. It's scary to leave too. :( because what if this gym gives him the best in the area.

what if this gym gives him the best in the area.

I really feel like we are in abusive situation here lol. The owners are rude and I feel scared to talk to them or his coach.

You answered your own question - it isn't the best for you or him. The hours don't work, they don't have team (so you won't be there forever anyway), and they sound like they're jerks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back