WAG Wrist injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi my name is Sabrina! I'm 16 and have been doing gymnastics for 14 years now. I was recently diagnosed with ulnar impaction syndrome and I'm having surgery in early April, the doctors have never done this surgery on a gymnast and am not confident I will be able to return for my senior year. Does anyone know of someone that has had this surgery and have any insight if returning is a possibility? Thanks!

From what I have read on it, most people can return to unrestricted activities in 6 months... so, if all goes well, you should be able to return in October (of course, I would keep up on conditioning and lower body stuff in the mean time as the doctors allow). Also, have you talked to a sports ortho or just regular ortho docs? There are different types of surgery, depending on the severity of the impaction and a sports ortho may have a different idea of how to treat it.

My son had wrist surgery in August and he was back to full routines in January. Physical therapy is important. The only issue my son is having now is a slight difference in strength between one arm and the other. He is having more 'issues' with the operated hand. But the issues are WAY less than before surgery.
Good luck!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back