Gymnasts Xcel Gold help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

if you're a coach or a gymnast in Xcel gold you probably know about the new rule where you can't do two back hip circles on the same bar. So, I have to compete a double back hip circle but for some reason I get so dizzy I can't connect my squat on. Help my meet season is coming up!!

if you're a coach or a gymnast in Xcel gold you probably know about the new rule where you can't do two back hip circles on the same bar. So, I have to compete a double back hip circle but for some reason I get so dizzy I can't connect my squat on. Help my meet season is coming up!!
Is there another circling skill you can do? Front hip circle, long hang pullover?

Can you do a back hip circle on the low bar and another one on the high bar?
See, my coaches could be wrong, but I was told that we couldn’t do two separate back hip circles. It was either two different circling skills, or a double back hip circle. Even if the OP could do a back hip circle on each bar, unless they have a Kip or an uprise there is no good way for them to get front support on the high bar.

When they removed the # of skills from the Special Requirements, they replaced it with a second circling skill.
A skill done on each bar is considered a different skill.
At our gym, we have girls that actually jump to front support on the high bar (the bars are closer together than they are for those who have a high bar kip or long hang pullover or just never get "up" on the bar).
Gold Bars 2022-26.jpg

I used to have difficulty with this move, it made me dizzy and couldn't do it. However, after a while I did it. You can start by rolling your toes or circling your hips in front, it may help you get used to it.
scratch games

I know this is pretty late but I think this is super weird because I am in gold and every other gold gymnast I know is allowed to do a double back hip circle or a back hip circle on high bar and low bar so this seems weird

See, my coaches could be wrong, but I was told that we couldn’t do two separate back hip circles. It was either two different circling skills, or a double back hip circle. Even if the OP could do a back hip circle on each bar, unless they have a Kip or an uprise there is no good way for them to get front support on the high bar.
I think that you can do one on the low bar and one on the high bar, you just can't do the same thing on the low and high bar. (i.e. you couldn't do kip-cast-backhipcircle-squat on-kip-cast-backhipcircle-underswing- Flyaway)

This is what my coach told one of our golds because that was the routine she was doing. She could be wrong as well lol

Long hang pullover?
I dont think long hang pullovers count as a circling skill for gold. (At least thats what I was told when I asked if I could only do 1 back hip circle and a long hang pullover.

On another note, You can do mill circles (definetly harder to do because it very easy to break connections) or if you are more advanced, you can do clear hips.

i had the same problem. my coach gave me this routine to do:
pullover
bhs
squat on
long hang pullover + underswing
flyaway

I dont think long hang pullovers count as a circling skill for gold. (At least thats what I was told when I asked if I could only do 1 back hip circle and a long hang pullover.

On another note, You can do mill circles (definetly harder to do because it very easy to break connections) or if you are more advanced, you can do clear hips.
For the long hang pullover to work as a 360º circling skill, it has to be done out of a cast.

Long hang pullovers, front hip circles, and mill circles can count as 1 of the circling requirements. Most do double BHC but I see a lot of deductions and falls with it. If you compete AAU, can still do cast BHC, cast BHC on on one bar to meet requirements.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back