Year of the Dragon leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Melody leotards just unveiled a new "year of the dragon" design, which is a black leotard with a big rhinestone dragon on it and this week it's only $18 + $2.50 shipping. Since it's a special "Facebook only" offer, they hid it in the "accessories" section of their website. My gymnast doesn't care one way or the other about dragons (except for her pet bearded dragon, who she loves more than life itself) but my dancing daughter has her entire room decorated in dragons, so I ordered her one to give to her after her dance recital in April.

Welcome to Melody Leotards

Too great a bargain not to share!

Very cool! Since Little Monkey was born in the Year of the Dragon, we definitely need one of these.... what's their sizing like compared to GK?

My DD has very little butt, and her Melody Leotard still fits her just fine. Maybe a bit more coverage, but not baggy.

I've found that there's more coverage in the butt, but that they run short (in the torso). DD usually wears a CS, but the Melody Leo I bought her in CS just barely fits her, so I'll have to size up next time.

ETA: it's the leo in my avatar picture.

Also, I think that since this is not one of their "design your own leo" leos, if you got it and didn't fit, they'd probably let you exchange it. With $2.50 shipping, it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

My ds actually saw this one and said, "why do the girls get all the cool stuff?!" He thinks they should have athletic shirts designed like that...maybe minus the bling, lol.

Can someone check and see if it is still there? I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place.:eek:

Yes, still there... click on "Shop" and then click on "Accessories (3)" and you'll see it, in with the scrunchies and the grip bags. It's 40% off for this week only (so the facebook post said) so I don't know if it will end today, tomorrow, or Sunday. This is part of the build-up to the introduction of their new line, so they're supposed to be posting other specials on facebook too. If any are interesting, I'll be sure to share.

Huh... I tried to post the direct link originally, but it just went to the home page.

Huh... I tried to post the direct link originally, but it just went to the home page.

Oh really? Since no one was actually posting a direct link I started thinking that maybe that was a no-no....I know that you can't sell stuff directly on these boards so I didn't know if posting a link to something for sale was the same thing...though now that I'm typing it out and thinking it through that sounds really dumb. :p

Thanks for the post. I have never heard of Melody Leotards. Does anyone have feedback on quality? I did see the posts about sizing. I am wondering more about comfort, longevity and such.

Thanks for the post. I have never heard of Melody Leotards. Does anyone have feedback on quality? I did see the posts about sizing. I am wondering more about comfort, longevity and such.

Dd has had one for over a year and it's wearing great. I bet it's been washed 30 or more times. It's definitely towards the top of the "Leo rotation" pile.

Thanks for finding this little gem! I ordered CXL "just to be safe" i figured DD could wear shorts if it's too big in the bottom, but didn't want it to pull up and be too short like the Plum leo I bought 2 weeks ago :(

Thanks. I just ordered one (and a zebra striped one)! So glad you shared. AB had her state meet today and she didn't want a leotard when it was over. This will be a nice treat for her.

It's still available. I ordered a CI for my dd-she wears a GK small for comps and usually a GK Med for work outs. Well, the CI is tight like a GK Child small!! I'm not returning it...for that price, SOMEone at the gym will want it, lol!! I ordered her a CXL- if its a bit big, she can grow into it, lol! I really must say, it's a very pretty leo, and I actually really liked how it looked on her in that size-but she said it was way too tight for a work out leo. We may have to play around on the customize-it page for her next leo purchase.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back