Youngest Gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know why this happens particularly in gymnastics with me, but I get so annoyed when the two youngest gymnasts on a team are the same age. I know it's weird, but I always feel like there should be a "signature" youngest gymnast. I don't really even mind if there are more than two youngest gymnasts the same age because then it seems like the youngest of those gymnasts is more like the youngest on the team, and the other gymnasts the same age are more like the second youngest. Does anyone else feel this way?

Really, no, because it's highly unlikely they'd have been born at the exact same time, meaning one's still older than the other.

I know, but it's still kind of discouraging if two of them are the same age because you don't really think that the 1 born first is "older" than the other. But still, I usually think there should be a signature youngest gymnast on the team, and having someone the same age kind of gets in the way, doesn't anyone else think so?

From a coached point of view I really dislike having your 'signature' youngest gymnast. No one is the youngest for ever and when the change happens, the jealousy, catiness and loss of identity within the group are a real pain to deal with.

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand this at all. Out of any team, there will always be someone who is the youngest and someone who is the oldest. I don't get the question.

Age shouldn't be a matter. In our gymn there are twin gymnasts sisters but they are at different levels. They are still young and this shows that each gymnast is different in term of the timing when she will achieve certain skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back