WAG Question re:hosting a meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lisbeth

Proud Parent
Wondering if anyone’s gym has hosted their own meet in an outside venue and been required to obtain a music license. This is the first time our gym has encountered this after hosting several meets. Any information including cost would be greatly appreciated- thanks :)

The contract from the venue mentions it. We are thinking it is for music played during warm ups and not the floor music for routines.
Interesting. I would ask them to clarify. We just have a playlist from someones device that we play during warm ups/between sessions. So, I guess the answer is, we have never experience anything like that. I would ask the venue for more specifics. They must have a reason and maybe it doesn't apply (hopefully it doesn't!)

There have been other discussions on here about the possibility of needing a music license to even play music in your own gym... but one exemption, if I recall correctly, is if you do not charge for admission, then you did not have to have a license as long as the music is played only in one room. ???
That's all I got, lol.

We've hosted meets at outside venues and have never been required to get a music license. I do know a music license is required if you are playing live music at a venue, but to simply play music from a cd, radio, is likely not required. Even if you charge admission specifically to watch music, you will need a music license. But for music playing in the background on a sporting event, unlikely.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back