2010 Chalk Bucket Challenge is now OPEN!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UGH, I am currently on the DL with a hip & back injury. Off to the Ortho on Tuesday. Maybe he will clear me in time. Or, give me enough pain killers to get through a handstand.

Oh me and my jose is all over this.

Jess's birthday party is this weekend - I may have to leave out some equipment for the adults to display their skill on. Extra credit for hospital visits? :p

would love to be able to enter! but i come into the mid 40's, bit overweight and not too fit category...
My kids laugh themselves silly when i do a tuck jump - my knees come only slightly above knee height!
I can do a sort of straddle jump on the tramp though!
cant wait to see the entries of the physically talented parents!

I just went through a pride swallowing siege to get my videos lol! It was filmed by a current L5 gymnast, and she was ROUGH on me!1!!! One I can't use because her mom exclaimed an expletive at the very end when we made her laugh really hard!

Will edit once youtube finishes the process!

Okay, here's the first. It's my 'curb scale' at the park across from my 'coaches' house lol! I got broken chickened, whatever that means!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7GXGz9POU

Here are my leaps. I did them on grass at the park too. After my 'coach' turned off the camera she was like 'So this is going on youtube...you can leap better, I've seen you do it really good. Let's do it again' I was like 'Pfft on grass they get what they get! Gimme a sprung lawn coach!'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-iAaXy8Wn0

Last edited:
Sorry I just read the submission rules are embedded video. When I tried to edit I didn't get the youtube tags :( So here I go...trying to get it right!

Leaps
[YOUTUBE]A-iAaXy8Wn0[/YOUTUBE]

Curb Scale
[YOUTUBE]4Y7GXGz9POU[/YOUTUBE]

I love it. Your coach is great..lol. I tried videoing myself :rolleyes: and my dd the whole time was behind the camera barking out orders of what i should do next.:eek: The video turned out too dark. So im going to have to try again soon. Maybe when i dont have a 5 yr old telling me what to do.

Linsul....you have a new nick name "broken chicken" :D! Great job!!!

I LOOK LIKE A BROKEN WET CHICKEN! Rofl I wonder where she got that one! She was pretty mad I wasn't doing the walkover, but my boss intervened on that one! He told me 'old ladies' need to do that stuff in the gym, and I wasn't allowed to kill myself on pavement or grass. I didn't want to film it there so it was out. I got teased mercilessly by my coach and her mom!

I love it. Your coach is great..lol. I tried videoing myself :rolleyes: and my dd the whole time was behind the camera barking out orders of what i should do next.:eek: The video turned out too dark. So im going to have to try again soon. Maybe when i dont have a 5 yr old telling me what to do.

My coach was unexpectedly awesome. You should go for it, get that 5 year old advice goin, kids are hilarious...you might get a better critique than broken chicken lol!

My husband saw the videos today. the conversation that followed was pretty funny.

DH: OooOOOOoooooOOO I'm telling (my old coach) next time we talk that you were on grass and pavement BUSTED.

Me: yeah yeah whatever

DH: You'll never make it to the curb Olympics with that attitude!

Me: (laughter)

DH: Yeah, you laugh now but do you think your coaches mom laughs when she pays the HOA fees for your park curb??? You're there to work!

Me: Oh wow, this just isn't fun anymore, I think I need to quit.

DH: Comes and gives me a big hug, I can't move and he's laughing through his speech when he talks. awwwwww honeeeeeeey..It's ok. Your failures as a curb gymnast are actually opportunities to be a better wife! He cracks up and lets go of me at that point

Me: Thats it! I'm leaving to go wine tasting with my friends and write my scathing tell all book!

OKay Linsul that was priceless, your humour always entertains me.

Tomtnt you rock and way to represent the MAG and the Dads on here. I am sure your little one is very proud!

After seeing Tomtnt's submission, I'm going to have a SERIOUS talk with my producer! That was awesome!
But Linsul, You get extra credit for being a broken chicken;)! Your's was filmed in more of a reality TV style:D! It's all good!!! No worries!!!

Go tomtnt - that was a priceless production. Just when we though the broken chicken was undefeatable. :D
PS: My girls are still shrieking AGAIN AGAIN for tomtnt!!

Okay, here is mine. I am doing some kind of front roll/flip on our trampoline. My back is killing me, but I finally got it almost all the way around after who knows how many tries. My 8yo said it wasn't that bad. LOL. I got major dizzy, too. Bleh.

[YOUTUBE]o8hgxXQcukw[/YOUTUBE]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back