WAG 2013-2021 Girls JO Compulsories...What has changed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The one thing I notice is that the new level 4 bars requirements doesn't require the kip-cast connection to front hip circle on the low bar - why did they water that routine down from the old level 5 bar routine and remove that element entirely?

I also noticed in the new level 4 floor there is no dive roll now - was that a safety issue??

The one thing I notice is that the new level 4 bars requirements doesn't require the kip-cast connection to front hip circle on the low bar - why did they water that routine down from the old level 5 bar routine and remove that element entirely?

I also noticed in the new level 4 floor there is no dive roll now - was that a safety issue??

I'm also wondering why they took out those two skills - fhc and dive forward roll - even though I'm not a big fan of either of them. Did they replace them with any new skills for the Level 4 routines?

I'm also wondering why they took out those two skills - fhc and dive forward roll - even though I'm not a big fan of either of them. Did they replace them with any new skills for the Level 4 routines?
I spent all year fearing a neck injury from a poorly executed dive roll. Not sure why they ever had that in there.

I've personally never had a problem with the dive roll, but I don't mind it being removed.

I'm worried about the vertical split hs in the new 3.

Now what has changed in the COP? I know gyms have started to get it, is there any skill values or stuff like that that have changed?

I actually prefer the split handstand to the legs-together handstand at the lower levels. It's easier to balance, and can be much more effectively used to teach properly-squared hips, which will become extremely important for walkovers and handsprings at the upper levels.

Hmmm... thanks to this thread I just noticed no front hip circle in L4 (old 5) wonder why? My untrained gymnastics self thinks it had more intrinsic value than a mill circle- which they kept in the lower levels-- blah!!!

What about the sissone in level 4 floor and level 5 beam and floor? I know its a minor dance change but is it in there because it can fulfill the split requirement for the optional levels? And i love that level 5 can do switch leaps on floor!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back