Parents Abrupt end to the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Owwwww! Poor Rayna!

What a huge disappointment for her, and what a huge lesson she has just learned! I'll bet she never gets on one of those machines without shoes again! This is, unfortunately the life of kids, eh? I think every single one of us has some weird injury that we sustained as kids. Mine was splitting open the skin above my eyebrow after jumping on the bed, falling off, and hitting my face on the corner of a table, DUUUHHH!

I am just SO sorry about he timing of this. That is what hurts the most!

Hope she gets well soon! :eek:

Have her coaches discussed petitioning for provincials? I know it can be done for injury, her AA scores are very strong and it is hard to imagine that she wouldn't place top 24 AA at Ontario Cup.

How is she feeling now, I imagine that must swollen up a lot the day after.

Is she keeping up the conditioning in the gym?

We are so sad to hear about Rayna's toe! That just stinks! She is so talented I would think that the petetioning that Bog talked about would certainly be an option for her! Big hugs and get well wishes from Emma and me!!!

Rayna,
So sorry to hear about your toe! Heal quickly and keep smiling! Courtney feels so bad for you. I like the petitioning idea too!
Is the May meet in London? If yes we'll maybe see you there!
Court says Good luck with your petition and get well soon! i fell in the creek 2 days in a row:) I feel your pain :grouphug:

Thanks for the get well wishes!

I don't know if petitioning is even an option. I haven't spoken to her coach yet as she's been on the Arizona trip. (I'm sure you all remember me mentioning it, the one I wasn't able to send Rayna on? Sure wish I had now!)

The May meet is in London! Maybe, depending on schedules, we could grab lunch?

The ortho appointment is in 2 days, so hopefully I'll have good news as far as recovery time goes!

Lunch would be great! Courtney would enjoy chatting things up with Rayna! Too bad about the trip...if you decide to send Rayna to Gymrep this summer (our girls moved to week 2 because our gym shuts down that week) perhaps we could help in getting her there and home.

Thanks for the get well wishes!

I don't know if petitioning is even an option. I haven't spoken to her coach yet as she's been on the Arizona trip. (I'm sure you all remember me mentioning it, the one I wasn't able to send Rayna on? Sure wish I had now!)

The May meet is in London! Maybe, depending on schedules, we could grab lunch?

The ortho appointment is in 2 days, so hopefully I'll have good news as far as recovery time goes!

Hey, does your DD go to xxxxx Gymnastics? We had a team from Canada at our meet on 3/15. Abby tried to learn the Canadian National Anthem, but she couldn't. We both sang along though with it. She performed ours at the meet the Canadian team was in as well. :) That would be really freaky if it was your DDs gym.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you taximom, for your very generous offer! I don't think the camp is going to be something I can provide for her this summer (single parent, 3 kids!) but your offer to help means more to me than you know.

I have met the most amazing moms through this sport, including a pair who drive my daughter to and from the gym 4 days a week, and her coaches who've made arrangements for her, that have allowed her to continue. If it wasn't for the kindness and support we've been shown, Rayna wouldn't be thriving on this wonderful experience.

Mariposasmom-I sent you a PM!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back