ACL recovery update!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So its been 4 weeks and a couple days since i had surgery and everything is going well as far as i can see. I've been walking without crutches or a brace for a couple weeks now and my knee is feeling like it can hold its own and its feeling a little more normal. It doesn't hurt hardly ever and i have TONS of PT to do every day (like an hours worth) plus a 2 hr conditioning list i got from my coach which isn't a problem at a 4 hour practice, but this week we didn't have practice and i had a tough time motivating myself to get it done... So far i've done all my PT (or 99%) every day and i've done the conditioning list 3 times (which i think is quite enough but my mom has other ideas) Usually i wouldn't be so hard to motivate to do conditioning but the doctor and the PT are being extremely cautious with me and i just got released (reluctantly) to be able to do handstands against the wall. I still can't even hang on a bar :mad: so i'm getting rather frusterated. In other words, my conditioning list consists entirely of V ups, pushups, crunches, etc... B-O-R-I-N-G. I'm hoping soon i will be able to do some bars, even if it is just strap. But for now, i have to stick to my 5 million crunches every day...

I know how you feel! It took me six months to get off of just straight conditioning after my ACL surgery and it is sooooo boring :( But stick to it because if you keep up with the conditioning you will be in way better shape when you get back in the gym and you'll get back into it so much faster! And even though at times you don't want to ;) listen to your PT! That's my biggest advice. I did my PT everyday and I got back really quickly. It might hurt and be hideously boring but it gets you back to what you love :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back