All Things London

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Invisible Duck

Coach
Gymnast
So it looks like I will be moving to London later on in the year for about 12 months.
Depending on a variety of things I would like to get a bit of work whilst there and coaching seems the obvious option. Which gyms (if any) are in north London? My knowledge of London geography is non existent but from what I know, I'll be based in Hendon.
My experience is mainly women's gymnastics.

Secondly, any good tips, advice, suggestions for living in London? I imagine it will be a bit of a change from Australia!

Thanks for the info! I will definitely look at that club and any others in the area on the BG website.

Just wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of what public transport costs? how much would you expect to pay per month for travel around the city?
Also, what kind of costs would a single person be looking at for food per week or month?

I realise there is a lot of room for movement here, but I just need a rough idea!

Also sorry, if this is not a good place to put these questions!

Been 9 years since I lived in London, but
Transport, look up the fares for a zone 1-4 eg (central to mid suburbs, i'd say hendon would be zone 6? ) etc. For a weekly/monthly 'travel card'.
Food, depends what you eat, if you are happy to eat seasonal/specials/ how much meat, how much you cook etc. London is on the expensive side, though.

Single most expensive cost will be rent then transport, which are related as always cheaper areas to rent further away so the tube pass costs more. Gd luck

Harrow Leisure Centre have a gymnastics club next door to them which may be looking for a coaches so it's worth giving them a try. It isn't far from Hendon

Good luck. I'm sure you will get something sorted. Let me know if you get anywhere with Harrow Gymnastic as I coach Trampolining for the Leisure Centre next door

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back