WAG Alternate organization to USAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flyaway

Proud Parent
Help me understand how this would all work. Someone is working on setting up an alternative organization. Let's say they succeed with getting everything in place and are actually up and running by 2019 like they hope to be. Let's say also that USAG manages to walk through the next year still in tact and not bankrupt and is still running in 2019. How does this work? Who gets to send girls to World's and the Olympics? Presumably USAG if they're still around, right? Then in that case, what of this other organization? Do they become like an AAU or whatever? Fade off into oblivion? Are we headed for a big split in gymnastics?

Thoughts?
https://www.facebook.com/FreshStartGymnastics/

No, we are not. IF you read that page, their first goal is to work with USAG so that things continue to run. The 2nd goal is to have an alternative in place by this summer, if the need is there. So, if USAG goes bankrupt, they want to be ready to go with everything intact so that the transition is seemless.

I am not sure about worlds, but USOC determines which organizations sends people to the Olympics. So, if the USOC does not decertify USAG, they will be intact and going.

This is all about the worst case scenario, and not leaving the athletes without something.

No, we are not. IF you read that page, their first goal is to work with USAG so that things continue to run. The 2nd goal is to have an alternative in place by this summer, if the need is there. So, if USAG goes bankrupt, they want to be ready to go with everything intact so that the transition is seemless.

I am not sure about worlds, but USOC determines which organizations sends people to the Olympics. So, if the USOC does not decertify USAG, they will be intact and going.

This is all about the worst case scenario, and not leaving the athletes without something.

Ok sorry for missing that piece. There is a lot of information in separate posts. Just disregard my question. :(

Reactions: sce
No problem. I posted about this group the other day. I think they just want to make sure that there are no gaps should something happen to USAG.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back