Any other venters? Just got summer schedule...mine's the worst!! lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
Okay, let me just preface this by saying, I'm reallly looking just to vent, and maybe for a few sympathetic virtual pats on the back. After all, I put myself in this position of having a boy and a girl on team...

well, we had a staff meeting at the gym today (yes, I am staff...I work the front desk, yadda, yadda...business end two weeks a month and every tuesday.)

sooo...they announced the summer schedule (just june and july, thank goodness...I really don't think i could handle this for more than two months...I may not survive the two months!!!)and the girls team is not going to work out with the boys team. Girls level 5 will practice m t th f from 8-noon. boys level 4 will practice t th f from noon-3. (possibly all team together friday in the morning....my fingers are crossed for that one)

now, if this wasn't bad enough-remember how I said I work in the front office? well, that's rec hours.....3:30-8pm.

And we live 30 minutes from the gym. I'm sure between me, my mom, a close friend of mine(who lives by us and has a level 6 at our gym) and my son16 who drives now, we will maybe be able to figure the logistics of this nightmare out. But right now, I am still in a bit of a dazed, overloaded shock about this.

someone just shoot me now and put me out of my misery....

ohh my goodness!! some of my teammates have had a problem with that before because we practice in the morning and they stayed the same in the summer. it drove her parents crazy! I hope it all figures itself out.((HUG))

yikes. Well, it will go by really fast for sure!!!!! You will not be bored! Am I helping? Hee hee.
Our gym does not change hours at all during the summer except we have a 40 hr team camp one week...so my girls get to be home during the day in the summers and practice at night. It's kind of good. I am not a big fan of change, so I'm good with it.
You'll make it! I know you will!

I guess you really should have the yellow sign for your car that says "Gym Taxi!" It's only 2 months. I hate the summer schedule that my dd has, but I just look at it as 8 weeks long and do the countdown!

thanks, all. I knew you'd help me feel better, lol! Just call me the little engine that could...all summer you are going to hear me muttering under my breath, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..." there's a coffee house near the gym-that helps. And I will be sooooooo glad to see August this year...even if it WILL be 115 degrees outside!!!

I so wanna smack the mom's that come in and complain about having to bring their kid into the gym for 2 whole hours twice a week, saying, "I'm not sure if I can handle that kind of committed schedule..."

Adding my sympathies for your summer gym schedule. And I'm still reeling from your dd having an 8:00am practice in the SUMMER! So much for sleeping in when school's out. Maybe you can find a cozy place to sleep at the gym. :O

At least you can be grateful that you have your summer schedule! We don't have one yet and I've heard we don't normally get it until just a week or two before it starts. That really makes it difficult to make any other plans for the summer. I actually hope she has an 8am practice. I like for DD to get up early, get it over with and have the rest of the day free.

We've heard that the only change in DD's schedule will be Friday practice (will be earlier than usual). The other 2 days remain the same. AZgymmiemom, your schedule sounds similar to what one of our gym moms had to go through last summer. She has 3 kids on team (2 girls and 1 boy) and their schedules were "staggered". It was crazy! I'm grateful that I just have one. Whew!

I honestly don't mind the 8 am start. It's too hot out here to go four hours at a time in the hottest part of the day. And NGL...I was hoping to have the days free, too. Now we can't even plan anything together as a family because someone will be at the gym. I just wish the boys were practicing at 8, too. I still have two months...maybe I can coerce someone to show me some sympathy and change it...oh, well, I can dream....

I hope these kids appreciate the sacrifices us gym moms make. And my dh gets out of it waaaay to easily...I mean, he just goes to work, lol!!

Wow you will have a very busy summer. I feel for ya. We are trying to figure out how to get DD to gymnastics this summer. She will go Monday & Wednesday from 3 - 6 which isn't bad hours but she goes on Thursday from 9-12. It's hard when you have a two parent working household and I don't get off work until 4:30 and my husband gets off at 3:30. So we are having to try to find someone to take her and pick her up on the Thursday and just someone to take her on the Monday and Wednesday.

Wow you will have a crazy schedule. I'm actually excited about my dd's. It will be Mon-Fri 8:30 - 12:30. My other dd will be going to camp at the gym all day and then when dd finishes gym she will move over to the camp. It's a great camp. They have a pool and everything. With tuition and paying for camp, it actually works out cheaper than sending them to a daycare all summer. I'm just excited that our evenings will be free even if it is just for 2 months :).

That is terrible, but at least it is the same every day. Last summer dd practiced 10-2 one day, 12-4 another day, and the third day 4-8. She couldn't do anything else all summer because everything conflicted with gymnastics. I am dreading this summer and hoping they will pick a time and stick with it for the whole summer.

I'm pretty happy about our RUMORED summer schedule, though many parents are not (going from nights to days is hard on working parents). Right now it's sounding like 8:30 - 12:30 M-F. Works for me!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back