Parents Anyone Competing this weekend??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OH CONGRATS on moving to L5! I was wondering where you've been. How does your DD like Level 5? We stayed back in L4 for another year to really work on polishing off those skills, but DD has 1/2 the L5 bar routine down and can do the vault table. She also has the ROBHS BHS and performs it well when she has too...but during warm-up time still bends her stink'in elbows sometimes, especial doing standing BHS.

Can't wait to hear all about your first meet. It must be so exciting to finally get some new music, huh? Good luck to your DD and I'm sure she will do well!

Hi Blackie6! Yes, dd is loving level 5. It's amazing how far she's come since the end of the level 4 season. She has all her skills and is getting better every week. When does your dd have her first meet?

She now has her first Level 5 meet under her belt. She didn't do too badly. Here are her scores:

Vault - 8.6
Bars - 7.2
Beam - 8.1
Floor - 8.2

Like I said, not too bad, but not great. She fell on beam (that dreaded cartwheel) and she missed her squat-on on the bars. She also has a tendency to pause before each skill on bars. So, once she fixes that I think her score will really improve. On floor she did great. Even did the 2 back handsprings, but her form on them wasn't pretty:rolleyes:. But the rest of it was good. She did it and I was so proud of her. She's in the 7-8 age group and at this meet there weren't very many of them, so they only went out 2 places. So, she didn't get on the podium this time. It broke my heart cuz she sat there watching her 2 teammates take the medals and she started crying. :weepy: I about died. When they were done I gave her the biggest hug and told her how proud of her I was. She did both of her kips on bars and her handstand on the beam was beautiful. She'll just have to fix a few things for next time.

Anyway, that's about it. She and all but 2 of her teammates qualified for sectionals. Here in PA they have to score a 31 or higher at a sanctioned meet to make it to sectionals. At sectionals they have to score a 33 or higher to move on to states. I don't think it will be a problem.

Hope everyone else had successful meets!

Wonderful job to your dd on her 1st L5 netty!!!

Those bar connections will come with practice & the beam, well we just never know... I feel so sad for her she was upset about Awards. At this age, that is usually their favorite part. Can I just say that you are a great mom for being so supportive :)

Tell her to keep her chin up from us, because she should be so very proud of herself!

I am not sure :eek:. I read it in one of the threads - cannot find it again :(. I think it is just bottled water that the gymmie is told is 'sticky feet water' to make them think it will help them stay on the beam.

correct, it's just simple water, it's amazing what the mind can do, confidence can go along way!:)

My DD is and I'm soOo nervous for her! This is the first meet of the season and my daughter has never gone to a meet where she didn't have all her skills down. She'll be competeing this weekend without her beam dismount, one of her bar skills and a less than strong vault.

She's not nervous at all and to her it doesn't even matter. I tell her meets are for fun so that's all that's important to her. Why am I so stressed, then!?! haha!!

My DD is and I'm soOo nervous for her! This is the first meet of the season and my daughter has never gone to a meet where she didn't have all her skills down. She'll be competeing this weekend without her beam dismount, one of her bar skills and a less than strong vault.

She's not nervous at all and to her it doesn't even matter. I tell her meets are for fun so that's all that's important to her. Why am I so stressed, then!?! haha!!

Because you have to sit and watch and have NO control over the outcome :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back