Parents Beam routine need clarification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm going to assume the coach is changing her skill in hopes of getting a higher score at competition. As long as you have the skill requirements for the level your competing, go with the skill that will score the best!

I'm going to assume the coach is changing her skill in hopes of getting a higher score at competition. As long as you have the skill requirements for the level your competing, go with the skill that will score the best!
It won't score well and SV wil be low if they are missing a required element.

Do the coaches not know the standards? Seems rather odd that they’re still trying to figure it out.
Honestly I wonder myself. Not that agr should be a factor but coach is young and not sure how much of textbook gymnastics she knows

This is pretty straightforward and readily available. The SRs are the SRs and the required number of A and B skills couldn't be clearer.

Does the proposed second split jump have a turn of some sort in it or is it a straddle? That can net her a B, though it would be an unusual choice. I honestly don't see the point of just doing two split jumps if that's what is proposed here.

This is pretty straightforward and readily available. The SRs are the SRs and the required number of A and B skills couldn't be clearer.

Does the proposed second split jump have a turn of some sort in it or is it a straddle? That can net her a B, though it would be an unusual choice. I honestly don't see the point of just doing two split jumps if that's what is proposed here.
No turn on second split and yes instead of bhs 2nd split

It happens, especially for a newer coach. Probably got the idea in her head that gymnasts split jump is better than her BHS, so lets do two split jumps for the two B's instead, forgetting that the BHS also covers another requirement.

If they are changing the cartwheel to a RO, then she would have the acro skill to substitute the BHS. Otherwise, her SV will be a 9.5 for not having a flight acro. Honestly though, some coaches prefer this to having a gymnast perform a skill they know she will fall on and possibly mess with the psyche in competition.

If they are changing the cartwheel to a RO, then she would have the acro skill to substitute the BHS. Otherwise, her SV will be a 9.5 for not having a flight acro. Honestly though, some coaches prefer this to having a gymnast perform a skill they know she will fall on and possibly mess with the psyche in competition.
But if they really are split LEAPS instead of split JUMPS, then she would also be missing 2 B skills in addition to the flight acro, so the SV would only be 8.9.

eta: first OP said jump splits... then in more info said split leaps, so unsure which she means.

But if they really are split LEAPS instead of split JUMPS, then she would also be missing 2 B skills in addition to the flight acro, so the SV would only be 8.9.

eta: first OP said jump splits... then in more info said split leaps, so unsure which she means.
It is beat jump...and split leap

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back