Parents Biggest size grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Does anyone know what company sells the biggest sized grips? I am talking ladies dowel Velcro grips. I ordered some Ginnasta size 4s and they are too small. DD previously had US glove size 3, but they were worn out and had gotten too small, and are now lost. She starts competition this coming weekend and I don't know where to buy replacement grips that are more generously sized. I tried a search here, but the theme seems to be girls whose hands are too small for grips, not too large. Thanks for any recommendations.

Here is a pick of the biggest I have found, so you know what I am working with.

Her HC said she could use these, that exact sizing wasn't important, but her old HC said no way to too small grips. So maybe it's not a big deal at all? And I do know she wears them low on the wrist, but she always has and isn't comfortable otherwise.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1420484073.050433.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1420484073.050433.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 91
Ginnasta size 4 says it fits 6-7/8 to 7-1/4 inches.

Tensport G810 size 3 says it fits 7-1/2 inches and UP, so they would be bigger. (ten-o.com)

English Bulldog and Reisport both have bigger grips
Size 3 in both 7.25 - 8.0 inches
Size 4 in both 8.0 - 8.75 inches

I hope this helps.

T
Ginnasta size 4 says it fits 6-7/8 to 7-1/4 inches.

Tensport G810 size 3 says it fits 7-1/2 inches and UP, so they would be bigger. (ten-o.com)

English Bulldog and Reisport both have bigger grips
Size 3 in both 7.25 - 8.0 inches
Size 4 in both 8.0 - 8.75 inches

I hope this helps.

Thank you, thank you!!

She is right around 5'5, maybe a hair over. She has long limbs, though, and big hands and feet- she wears a size 9 shoe!

My DD is 12 1/2 and is 5'6", I just bought 9 1/2 shoe for her. She has a medium body and looong arms ND legs. Ha, but, her hands are not much bigger than mine.

Tall gymmies unite! Is your DD the tallest in her team? My DD has been the tallest at two gyms so far.

She was passed over at our first gym due to her height. The other gym put her on Xcel and treated the program like a red headed step child. But, believe it or not, she still hasn't been the tallest. The current gym there is a level 5 girl who is 5'7", but my daughter looks taller because she is so slim and those legs!

It's way too far down on her wrist. But I believe you can send US Glove a photocopy of your hand and get the right size. I am not sure how you could even keep grips on that part of your wrist but maybe the way grips work on my wrist/hands are odd. No way that would work for me but I don't know.

I agree with gymdog. There is no way those would stay in place on my wrists and i have never seen a kid in all the years i have been coaching wear them that low. It actually seems unsafe to me, as the will undoubtedly slide up while working bars and would then end up way too long.

I am not sure, except she has always worn them this way and none of her coaches have ever corrected her. They stay in place well. When I asked her to put them higher, because of this site, she tried but they were very uncomfortable that way and were digging into her wrist bones when she bent. We have ordered new grips and actually found her old ones too, so we are all set.

Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back