MAG Camps..again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, I have to have some ideas for camp for the boys by tomorrow night at the booster club meeting. The boys are really sure they want to go back to Illinois, but I want to have all the ideas I can. Here is what I have so far.

Illinois
Iowa
Michigan
Stanford
Penn State
Oklahoma
Air Force
Navy

Am I missing any? We are not interested in Flip Fest this year, and IGC is out of our price range lol. (Stanford isn't either...)

Thanks!

DS9 is finally interested in a camp this year, but because of his allergies it cannot be a residential camp. Stanford has both options. I'd love to hear if camps are residential or day camps or both.

I believe most of them have the option. I know Air Force does, and Illinois. Those are the ones we have done in the past.

Many of the camps will "hire" parents to work for the week so you can be close by and help your kid. I have done this at Woodward. I think I may love camp as.much as my son does. It also seemed to me that 10 was the magic number for many of the collegiate camps residential programs. The younger kids had to commute.

DD did the AF camp and really liked it. A couple of the boys went, too, and really liked it (boys and girls go to the same camp, but train separately). They have both residential and commuter camps, separated by skill level (compulsory or optional).

DS9 is finally interested in a camp this year, but because of his allergies it cannot be a residential camp. Stanford has both options. I'd love to hear if camps are residential or day camps or both.
Honestly, Stanford could probably accommodate the allergies fairly well. It is nice though that the camp has both options, some of us don't need residential. Also, Woodward will work with allergies. They have multiple options to accommodate them, depending on what is best for the child.

I'd be interested in hearing about any other good camps that kids can attend as a day camper, especially on the East Coast. DS is interested but doesn't want to do residential.

Regarding allergies, Air Force uses peanut oil for cooking, so anyone with peanut allergies can't board (or attend at the college level).

We are going to Naval camp this year so I will have some feedback on that! @samsmama - USGTC which is held at Mt. Holyoke College is a great camp and has a day camp option.

My girls are going back to USGTC for the thrid year. They have both day and overnight options. My DD has a bunch of medical issues and food restrictions, and USGTC has been great with it.

UC Berkeley just announced a commuter men's camp for this summer, two 3-day sessions available, all ages.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back