Canadian Olympic trials tickets on sale now!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Off to watch day one of trials today. Will check out a museum or two whilst we are there. Crossing my fingers for some beautiful gymnastics.

Lots of serious faces. Smallest gym meet ever. Twelve gymnasts, tons of coaches and officials and maybe room for 150 spectators.

Vaciulik looking nice on bars, her vault landings are seriously iffy. Lots of tape on both ankles.

Savona has a serious knee support on.

They gave Peng a team captain shirt, she is adorable.

Bars done.
Rogers 14.35
Dowling 14
Vaciulik 13.75
Savona 13.05

Beam done. Moors and Rogers fell.

Vaciulik 14.05
Black 13.45
Savona 13.15
Moors 12.9 with a fall

Floor done.

Moors 14.90
Savona 13.55
Pegg 13.55
Vaciulik 13.5
Gerber 13.5

Video died after bars. Will upload what I have tomorrow. Moor floor was as beautiful as ever. Stuck landings, beautiful leaps and turns.

Vault done.

Rogers 14.9
Moors 14.9
Black 14.45
Tsang 14.45
Pegg 14.1

AA
Vaciulik 55.15
Moore 55.00
Rogers 54.3
Savona 53.70
Gerber 52.45
Pegg 52.05
Black 52.05
Gardner 51.25

The rest not up yet.

What's your final opinion of the team? Any medal contenders? Anyone those who are not particularly familiar with Canadian gymnastics should be looking for?

Moors floor routine is world class and she should easily make event finals.

Vaciulik and Rogers could mean AA finals if they hit.

Blacks floor routine is worth a look at, some interesting tumbling.

I am very happy with the team, the fact that the girls did so well at the test even to even qualify a full team is wonderful. I would have loved PPL to be on this team, but as the team captain she will be a great motivator. She is a very smart girl.

Considering Canada's geographic issues and lack of funding it is impressive that we have so many beautiful gymnasts to draw from. It was lovely to see the competition. BUt worlds apart from US trials, that were electrifying.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back