Coach going away gift?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastmom38

Proud Parent
Our head coach is moving away to another state to have his own gym. We are incredibly sad about it as he has taught my daughter so much and he was a great leader.

Does anyone have any good ideas for a going away gift that I could get him? I'm not sure if it should be a group gift with the rest of my dd's level 5 group or just an individual group, but I really would like to get him something to thank him for everything he's done.

Thanks for any suggestions...

If it is going to be a gift just from your family, how about something relating to dd's time spent with coach. Maybe a photo of dd competing or at awards, mayble one of her medals, and a personal letter from dd. That might have more meaning than a normal gift.

Me and my team did a few things for when our coach was leaving:
First of all you could have a surprise "party" at the last practice. We ended practice 30 minutes early, brough food and presents.
We didn't do a group present, but me and 2 of my friends made a scrapbook with pictures. It's really cute and will bring back memories.
I also created a photo collage. There are programs where you can just put in pictures and it will make a collage that you can frame and it makes an amazing gift.

You can do a team gift as well as an individual gift.

Ask and see if there are plans or interest for a team gift/party. Even if there are, you could certainly give him something like the pic Gymdad2 suggested.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News