coaching brag :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been back in my gym for three weeks now and I've been subbing for lots of different classes, but I have been able to coach our progressive class (levels 1,2, and 3) almost consistently for the last couple weeks. And today it paid off :D One girl FINALLY made two pullovers and got her back hip circle today. She couldn't get the pullover after that, but she knows she can now. And then later two girls got their back handsprings on the resi by themselves!! I was very excited for them. Yes, it's not just my coaching the last couple weeks that got them there, but it's still exciting. I like to think that the 5 different drills I set up for them today did help.

The team coach has said that she will not even look consider looking at a girl to move up to team until they have their pullover and a back handspring on some surface, so it was a very exciting day today!

Well done - sometimes a different coach just hits the spot at the right time and it really makes a difference. What you are doing is working so keep going! Congratulations. Cant wait to hear what happens next week.

One of my little group got a decent bridge last week. It felt great I was so excited - I kept making her do it so I could show people. I know how you feel. They don't have to get a giant for it to feel great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back