DD Won a Week at USGTC Camp!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Quadqueen

Proud Parent
I entered a raffle at DD's meet over the weekend for a week at the USGTC camp at Mt. Holyoke in MA this summer, and won! This camp is $1,200 and I would never pay that much to send her! DD is excited, but I think a little nervous. It is the week before she turns 9. It is only about 45 minutes from my house, and DD is pretty outgoing, but I'm still a little nervous about how she will be assuming she will not know anyone (I don't know of any of her teammates planning to go).

Has your DD/DS gone to this camp, or do you know someone who has? Any advice? I know the brochure says they have the 8 and 9 year olds separated and have an earlier bed time of 9:30, so I guess that's good.

Wow! How cool is that? My DD went to Woodward for the first time when she was 9. She went by herself and knew no one, and had a great time!

How awesome!! Your DD is going to have a great time! My DD went to gymnastics camp for the first time when she was 9 and did not know anyone either but had a great time and made some friends that she still keeps in touch with!!

AWESOME! Were you at the Greater NY meet by any chance? They had raffles for both IGC and the USGCT camps, but I put all my tickets in the IGC one since my DD went to a Thanksgiving Clinic there. Maybe you can talk some teamates into going to keep your DD company that week!

This was at the Thompson's Holiday Invitational at Holyoke Community College. It's the first time I've entered a raffle for camp....I never win anything! Glad to hear your girls went at this age and had a good time !!!

I have no advice for you, but congratulations on winning the raffle! That is so exciting for your dd. I would start recruiting friends from the gym to go with her if you are worried about her being alone.

That's great!! It is a great camp and she will have a ball. My DD went every year until last year when the tuition went from $800 for the week to $over $1000 for the week - it just got too expensive. My DD LOVES LOVES LOVES that camp and had been going every year since she was 7yo she is now 14. The girls are all together by skills during the day then at night usually the 9 and unders have their own floor in the dorms and share rooms with others of that age. The same for the 10 - 11 and the 12 and ups are on their own floor too. Don't worry about her not knowing anyone by day 2 she will have at least a floor full of new friends. My DD is still pen pals with many of the girls she made friends with at that camp. This camp have girls from all over the country.

This was at the Thompson's Holiday Invitational at Holyoke Community College. It's the first time I've entered a raffle for camp....I never win anything! Glad to hear your girls went at this age and had a good time !!!

Hey, we were there too! We were at the L4 session and watched part of the first L5 (dd competes 4 but trains with 5). That's great you won a week at the camp! It looks really great - they sent us home with a brochure. My dd would probably never go without a friend (of course I entered the raffle anyway) - maybe when she's older. It looks likes the type of place it would be easy to make friends though!

Hey, we were there too! We were at the L4 session and watched part of the first L5 (dd competes 4 but trains with 5). That's great you won a week at the camp! It looks really great - they sent us home with a brochure. My dd would probably never go without a friend (of course I entered the raffle anyway) - maybe when she's older. It looks likes the type of place it would be easy to make friends though!

funny! My DD is L5 and competed in the first 5/6 session ;)

That's awesome! USGTC camp has gotten so expensive recently. I go every year, it's a blast! I'm sure she'll have a great time, and meet TONS of new people.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back