Parents Does Your Club Have An iPhone/Android App?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Do any of you have a club that has a mobile app for the whole club? Do you and the other parents use it? Is it useful? Can you post a link to it?

Payment
Registering for classes, events
Checking your acct
Team info - meet location, session times, host hotel info, final scores, etc

If you search "gymnastics" in the App Store...there are many examples.

Payment
Registering for classes, events
Checking your acct
Team info - meet location, session times, host hotel info, final scores, etc

But you can do all of this with a well built mobile site.

Apps are cool, but I don't want to download a bunch of apps for places/businesses that I would only use sporadically. However I DO appreciate a well-built website that has been optimized for mobile use.

In this instance, it seems to me that an app is really only useful for current customers who are already very involved in the business. Ie. Team parents. I can't see parents of rec kids using an app.

My 2 cents.

But you can do all of this with a well built mobile site.

Apps are cool, but I don't want to download a bunch of apps for places/businesses that I would only use sporadically. However I DO appreciate a well-built website that has been optimized for mobile use.

In this instance, it seems to me that an app is really only useful for current customers who are already very involved in the business. Ie. Team parents. I can't see parents of rec kids using an app.

My 2 cents.
I think that way about a lot of things. Mind Body is an example of a fairly useful mobile app that has most of the features I'd assume a gymnastics gym's app would have. Mind Body is the back end for a lot of Cross Fit boxes and yoga places, etc. Having the schedule, sign ups, etc all in there is somewhat handy. And, it's better than most mobile sites I've used.

I think that way about a lot of things. Mind Body is an example of a fairly useful mobile app that has most of the features I'd assume a gymnastics gym's app would have. Mind Body is the back end for a lot of Cross Fit boxes and yoga places, etc. Having the schedule, sign ups, etc all in there is somewhat handy. And, it's better than most mobile sites I've used.

Are you talking about this...

https://www.mindbodyonline.com/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back