WAG Does your gymnast take any vitamins/ suppliments?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

rjb123

Proud Parent
Just curious. I put DD (actually all three of my kids) on a good MVI and also added an additional Calcium plus D for her (she has a pretty poor dairy intake due to a sensitivity). She eats a very clean, whole food diet rich in fresh foods and veggies. I was wondering if anyone has their child on anything else. Just trying to prevent issues before they begin if I can. ;)

Both DDs take a mv, calcium, probiotics, and younger DD takes biotin (per her dr). They also have a green smoothie a day. We eat paleo so they eat lots of fruits and veggies.

My DD is lactose intolerant. She sneezes alot, so, I give her a good mv during late fall, winter, early spring( half the year) with Echinacea in it.

An MV and omega 3... Plus as many fruits and veggies on a daily basis to counteract all the other junk they seem to inevitably inhale :(

LOL - They take a good, stiff ice cream on occasion for bone development (and vanilla almond milk, yogurt, and enough regular 2% milk that I would be doubled over in pain for a week from one day's "dose"), carrots for their eyes, oranges to keep up the immune system, an apple to keep the doctor away (OG missed her daily apples since i haven't really seen her much in the last month), and a mv if I can get them to (used to love the gummie vites, but not so much anymore).

When they are with me, I try to make sure all food groups and vitamins / minerals are covered in their meals and snacks. YG is CONSTANTLY hungry and snacks start with a fresh veg... then a fruit... then yogurt/ dairy... then protein... then grains (granola bar or the like)... then "other" and repeat, until it's time to EAT :) .

I give mine mv's in the winter and echinacea to keep colds at bay. They have a pretty healthy diet and love making smoothies. In the summer they graze in the garden - stuffing their faces with peas, carrots, tomatoes, soft fruit and so on.

I sometimes put an electrolyte tablet in dd's drink bottle when it's very hot.

Protein shake every morning but that's about it. I also eat pretty well and try to avoid bad things. I don't eat meat so I probably should be taking a vitamin of some sorry though.

MV, probiotics (via supplements and fermented foods,) tumeric/curcumin and fish oil for omega-3 (both for brain health/decrease inflammation). She has coconut water along with her usual water at practice, for electrolytes, when it is hot.

home grown eggs and veggies, organic whenever possible, tons of lowfat cow's milk for vit D and calcium, meat and eggs and peanut butter for protein, balanced out with a healthy dose of homemade cookies, muffins, bread and cake...we don't avoid sweets and fats - just make them organic, balanced with nutrition (cookies with extra eggs, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, etc) rather than processed or straight sugar - although all three of my gymmies love their weekly pizza and soda after violin lesson...

DD eats a pretty healthy diet with lots of veggies and fruits and plenty of protein, but I supplement with a multivitamin and Vit D in the winter. We live where the sunshine is not very plentiful from fall to spring, so we all recently added the Vit D.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back