Claudia fragapane
Amy tinkler

Max Whitlock
Kristian Thomas
Courtney Tolloch
Sam Oldham
Dan purvis
Louis smith

Ooh interesting. Great teams. Kind of sad not enough spaces to take Tyesha and Kelly too. Nice to see Mr Smith MBE in

Stand out for me from the British watching videos was Ashley Watson, his high bar was fab. So I'm sad not to see him.

Why such small women's teams these days? Are there reserves? Apparently Lisa mason hasn't even been invited to national squads, I'd have liked to see her and Kelly. Is becky back to full fitness then? She seemed to have a disaster at the British.

Are europeans just individual all around + apparatus finals this year? I feel sorry for Kelly thought she had two great comps at the english and british.

When are the european games held? Will the other girls get a chance?

Am I right in thinking there's no team comp this time, just individual? So they're looking for people who can make finals or possibly medal, rather than solid team performers.

I'm a little surprised that Tyesha isn't in the team after winning beam and bars, but maybe they're trying to protect her as she comes back to full fitness? Becky obviously has a medal chance if she can put her best bar routine out and possibly beam. Not sure what happened at the British but presumably they know if she was ill or something else. Amy and Claudia should make AA final and maybe floor and others.

I hope Max is well and able to do what he's capable of doing. Feel a bit bad for Ashley Watson - he did so well at the British. It is good to see Louis in the team and he certainly has a medal chance. Lots of medal chances in the mens comp. What a pity Giarnni Regini Moran isn't quite old enough - wow!

I love Giarni. We first saw him live at the British a couple of years ago and I've kept an eye out since.
What was going on with Mr Witlock this year? Was he not well / fit?

Max has glandular fever. Bit worrying as it can properly knock the stuffing out of you. He was only able to do one piece at the British and we're only two weeks away...

For Giarnni to win floor in that company is quite an achievement, but he is so polished and assured. If everyone can get/stay fit he olympic team for GB men is going to be amazing.

Thanks for that. I'd seen that he'd only done one event but didn't know why. Glandular fever can drag on for a long time too. What a shame.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back