Parents Evolution Competition in PA this weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
I was just wondering if anyone was going. We got our tickets months ago and can't wait! Especially since we learned Downey Park is near by. ;)

Nothing better then squeezing one last mini family vacation in before school starts

Yes, I am going with my dd. We live about an hour or so away. Dorney Park is a lot of fun! I went there every year as a child.

Dorney Park is a lot of fun! I went there every year as a child.

LMAO yes. DORNEY park! We've never been. They use to make everything in the park with peanut oil. Now that DD is older AND they changed most of the oils we can't wait to check it out!

Is there anything else good in the area? Can you recommend a hotel?

We will be there as well, we live about an hour away & DD and most of her team is going. We are doing Dorney tomorrow night (not w/team, just family), they have a twilight price we are taking advantage of, so just rides for us...but hit up the water park if you are staying the whole day!

My gymmonkey and I will also be at Evolution! They are having someone critique their floor routines that morning so it will be just a daytrip for us!

So upsetting. I've learned that they are planning on closing all the bridges and tunnels that we would need to get home Sat at 7pm. Now we have to decide is Evolution and the $200 worth possibly being stranded until the bridges and tunnels reopen?

Having a "can't catch a break" sort of week. My DD will be devastated if we miss it

I have also been checking website and the Evolution FB page, Pa has also declared a state of emergency. Although I am only an hour away, even I am starting to get a little nervous. The reports are showing a speeding up of Irene and I thought I would have plenty of time to get there and back when it is done, but now nasty weather is starting up Sat night!

Taking a break from Irene preperations to check in - the mandatory evacuations are getting close to me. Hubby thinks we should just evacuate to PA and enjoy the show. At this point with all the evacuations i don't ten know if we could get a room even after sitting thru the traffic... sigh. Good Luck!

Hubby is threatening not to let us go (just me and dd). I'm only expecting wind and rain and the worst will hit at 2 am Sunday. I really want to see the show! The big fear is loss of power. I guess it will be a last minute decision.

Blackie6 I'm in nj too and wouldn't chance it. Rivers are already running high and it won't take much for flooding in our area. Stay dry and hope your area does ok.

I guess it will be a last minute decision.

We are preparing to stay or go. We are 4 blocks off the mandatory evacuation at the moment. For us it may come down to if the roads are even open to get there. Not to mention our dog sitter evacuated. Keeping our eyes glued to the news, IGC Facebook page and the Stabler Arena website.

We'll be a last minute decision too. Hoping for the best. Stay safe everyone

I called ticketmaster(800-745-3000) & so far the event is still on. Lehigh.edu has emergency infor on its' website for the campus. Phone # for the arena ticket infor is 610-758-6611. We live in NJ & I didn't hear about bridges into Philly being closed. Looks like Irene is being downgraded a bit.

I called ticketmaster(800-745-3000) & so far the event is still on. Lehigh.edu has emergency infor on its' website for the campus. Phone # for the arena ticket infor is 610-758-6611. We live in NJ & I didn't hear about bridges into Philly being closed. Looks like Irene is being downgraded a bit.
Its getting out of nj and back on long island that im worried about. If we come the earliest we can get back is mon after irene passes.

We went! My DD dad tickets to the VIP meet/greet w/her friends & had a great time. We left at intermission because I did not want to take any chances. She was upset that she didn't get to she the whole show but a little bit was better than nothing at all!

We went too! All of the gymnasts signed autographs after the show! My dd got her Evolution shirt signed by everyone and got a ton of posters with signatures too! Justin Spring is her new favorite.

DD went too! She loved it. She now has a huge 14 year old girl crush on Chris Brooks! OMG he hugged her and pointed to her and handed her a poster and autographed it. That is all she talked about. I asked her how the gymnastics was and she said they are all "BEAST" I guess that means crazy good!

Hope everyone is making out ok with Irene.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back