First session back after holiday - improved some skills...!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Galadriel

Proud Parent
DD went back last night after finishing on 18 Dec. and came back home very happy!

She had a much better session than she thought as she thought she would be very rusty after the long break.

Apparently she had been 'working on' balance during the holiday (news to me!) with the help of the Yoga on the wii fit we had as a family present. (so it can have its uses!)

Her coach was astounded that a couple of skills she is wobbly on - illusion turns and spins - were really really solid and much better than they ever have been!

Result - happy gymnast! :D

Sometimes a break is a great thing, especially when there is still activity. Our girls always take 3 weeks off at xmas, right in the middle of meet season, and oddly enough it doesn't seem to slow them down!

That is good to hear. We got the wii fit for Christmas too and I am hoping it helps my gymmies if they play it. They don't do the yoga but they do the balance games.

well i say the yoga.. - she has generally played on it, but am not sure what has benefited her really!
She says the strength and aerobic stuff are too easy but the games are definitely the best bit!
I cant imagine a 'gym' (as in a fitness gym for me as a mum, not a gymnastic gym) more depressing to go to than the one shown on the wii fit!! Can you imagine ever going back?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back