Flyways ahhhh

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

firstplacegirl

Yesterday at the gym I was doing some flyways on pit bar and I just randomly pulled in and got so scared. First of all it broke 2 of my toes but more importantly I'm freaking out that I'll be scared to do them again by Monday. Helppppp how do I get over the fear?

Whenever I get scared in a skill, I always go back to the last place/thing/drill I felt comfortable doing. Whether that means going back to flyaway drills or having a spot for a couple of days, I try to do the skill any way I can.

Also, regarding flyaways, I've always found it helpful to leave my arms up by my ears (covering them if possible). It's always helped me if I'm pulling in too much.

I second what GetaGrip said. I can't always feel when I pull in towards the bar (closing my shoulders) so I leave my arms by my ears and squeeze them there, instead of bringing them down to my knees. I think I looks cleaner too. I find it easier to think about it that way instead of trying to figure out how open/closed my shoulders are. Sorry to hear you broke your toes, I hope you heal fast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back