Coaches Frustration Over Changing Gyms/Job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

peace.love.gymnast

So, I'm struggling with a decision I need to make by the end of this work week. I've been offered a job coaching at several other gyms...some too far away from where I live to even consider, but then there are a couple that are VERY good options...1 a little more than the other. I've had my current job for quite some many years, and I have become quite attached to the kids I coach...so attached that I've put up with an unorganized, unethical, jealous, spiteful owner! Those kids are what's been most important to me, even more than my own happiness and sanity! I realized yesterday that it's a pretty sure bet that I need to move on to a new atmosphere, even if it means leaving my kids (which completely breaks my heart)! I just really don't know how to approach it to the owner and if it really is the right decision for me. I'm very worried the owner is going to make it out like I just up and left and that I don't really care about anyone there. I've seen what she's done and how she's treated other people that have quit in the past! Sorry this has become so long. I guess I just wanted to express how I'm feeling and maybe see if any fellow coaches have been in a similar situation and could offer some advice. I need an outside perspective, but from someone who knows what our type of job is like. :confused:

I think its important to review your priorities and what you want from an organization and career.

I suggest writing them down so you can physically see what they are. Then prioritize them. On a scale of 1 - perfect 10.0 where does each one fit. It maps out your thoughts and feelings, this makes it much easier to make a decision instead of these things just circling & snowballing in your mind.

Usually asking someone for advice brings in their own subjective perspectives and may influence your decision in some way that might not be the best. Follow your own intuition, you know what is best deep down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back