Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Getting stuck on rings upside down

roses25

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Feb 14, 2016
Country
USA
I have a level 7 gymnast. Has anyone else had trouble with their son getting stuck on the rings upside down at meets?

My son got stuck last year twice (two different meets) in level 6 and he said there were little wires sticking out or something. He’s terrified of going to this gym again. Any suggestions?

sce

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Mar 11, 2014
Country
USA
I have never heard of that happenning. Definitely sounds like an equipment problem.

gymdog

Coach
Proud Relative
Former Gymnast
Jul 5, 2007
Like, his pants got stuck? It's a braided cable so I guess it could be frayed but that's kind of unusual.

Reactions: sce

Outlast

Proud Parent
Sep 25, 2013
Country
USA
My son has gotten stuck but was able to pull his pants away. I think it may happen to the shorter guys sometimes.

sce

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Mar 11, 2014
Country
USA
I am trying to understand how this would happen. What is he getting stuck on? What move was he doing at the time? Are his pommel pants baggy/loose?

sce

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Mar 11, 2014
Country
USA
I am trying to understand how this would happen. What is he getting stuck on? What move was he doing at the time? Are his pommel pants baggy/loose?
more questions, does the coach know that he is still afraid because this happened during the season? Does the coach have a solution?

sce

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Mar 11, 2014
Country
USA
Hi, how is your son doing woth this issue?